help finding Juliet Stevenson BBC radio drama

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MamaBear

help finding Juliet Stevenson BBC radio drama

Post by MamaBear »

Hi everyone, I listened to a fantastic BBC radio drama in which Juliet Stevenson plays a headteacher who mentors a young working class student and help her apply to Oxford.

It was so touching and raw because the student comes back and tells the headteacher she was spoon fed to get into Oxford and she doesnt have the broader skills and knowledge to survive in that environment....I can't remember the name and I have tried searching. Did anyone else listen to this?
BucksBornNBred

Re: help finding Juliet Stevenson BBC radio drama

Post by BucksBornNBred »

When did you listen to it and on what channel? I find searching the schedules helps locate the programme (I often have to search as I may only hear part of an interesting programme on the school run).
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Hi Bucks, I can't remember exactly, I think it was at least 7 years ago. I tried searching on the BBC radio page and on Juliet Stevenson web pages, it was such a good drama!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I presume you've looked at her Wikipedia page? There is a list of her radio performances there, although I can't see anything that would match. Could it have been someone else?
scary mum
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

MamaBear wrote:Hi Bucks, I can't remember exactly, I think it was at least 7 years ago. I tried searching on the BBC radio page and on Juliet Stevenson web pages, it was such a good drama!
That makes it tricky! I am guessing you can't remember any more details if it was that long ago and IMDB doesn't seem to list radio appearances.