Girl stuff

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

Girl stuff

Post by Eccentric »

A few years ago I bought my daughter a very good teen girl advice book called Girl Stuff by Kaz Cooke. It was very balanced and full of excellent advice about everything from periods to drugs and what abusive relationships are. I have a friend who is looking for a boys equivalent does anyone know of one? Katz Cooke doesn’t do a boys one.
scary mum

Re: Girl stuff

Post by scary mum »

Christian Jessen has written quite a few such books. I don't think they are specifically for boys or girls though.
scary mum
piggys

Post by piggys »

I recommend Steve Biddulph's books and also Tanya Byron's but I think they're more for the parents than the dc.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

scary mum wrote:Christian Jessen has written quite a few such books. I don't think they are specifically for boys or girls though.
Thank you, I will suggest she looks at his books.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

piggys wrote:I recommend Steve Biddulph's books and also Tanya Byron's but I think they're more for the parents than the dc.
She is definitely looking for something for her son. He is a bit on the young side at 8 but there is a reason that she wants to get it for him now.
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Usborne do a book called What's Happening to Me - there is an edition for boys.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

piggys wrote:I recommend Steve Biddulph's books and also Tanya Byron's but I think they're more for the parents than the dc.
Steve Biddulph is practically the bible if you are a parent of boys!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now