Proof of address for child

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kelbel

Re: Proof of address for child

Post by kelbel »

I hadn’t received my email either. Phoned admissions yesterday and they said they had already sent it but they re-sent it straightaway and I got it that time. Sent my proof straight back and got an email today confirming that the evidence provided was satisfactory and had been added to my child’s file. Relieved that it’s all done now.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Emailed proof of address on Tuesday but have heard nothing back, anyone else in the same position as I can see others had a reply? Thanks
Welshjo

Post by Welshjo »

I just had the standard email by return that said what the next steps were. I rang to make sure they were happy with what I had sent and they said it looked ok so not sure what more I can do. (I used a letter from the optician saying my son was due an eye test).
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

Mumofgirls wrote:Emailed proof of address on Tuesday but have heard nothing back, anyone else in the same position as I can see others had a reply? Thanks
I had an email response 24 hours after sending to confirm that the document was acceptable

We also asked around DDs classmates and it doesn't appear that any of them had had the email requesting the extra grammar documentation. I can see a lot of complaints and appeals happening soon.
snow white

Post by snow white »

I called on Monday after not receiving the email requesting child’s proof of address by Friday, they resent it and I got it immediately. I then sent back the required documents on Monday and haven’t received anything back at all. My husband is going to call and double check all is in order tomorrow.

We were marked as late after issues with proof of address last year with DS1 when it wasn’t our fault. It was incredibly stressful and I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again!
snow white

Post by snow white »

snow white wrote:I called on Monday after not receiving the email requesting child’s proof of address by Friday, they resent it and I got it immediately. I then sent back the required documents on Monday and haven’t received anything back at all. My husband is going to call and double check all is in order tomorrow.

We were marked as late after issues with proof of address last year with DS1 when it wasn’t our fault. It was incredibly stressful and I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again!
So my husband called and our docs weren’t acceptable as they said they couldn’t read the address. They wouldn’t have called us, so would suggest calling to check if you are unsure!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

snow white wrote:
snow white wrote:I called on Monday after not receiving the email requesting child’s proof of address by Friday, they resent it and I got it immediately. I then sent back the required documents on Monday and haven’t received anything back at all. My husband is going to call and double check all is in order tomorrow.

So my husband called and our docs weren’t acceptable as they said they couldn’t read the address. They wouldn’t have called us, so would suggest calling to check if you are unsure!
I phoned them and they said they had received my email and would check it and email me straight back to advise if it’s acceptable....no email received.
snow white

Post by snow white »

We got an email stating they hadn’t received our Council Tax bill sent back in October! Eventually they agreed they had everything they needed verbally, but not had an email. It does all seem a bit hit and miss!
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Last week a parent asked on our school group about the request for evidence, having just remembered that they should have been expecting it - several others then piped up in the group to say they hadn't received anything either. Of all of the parents I know who have applied to grammar school, not a single one of them received the email when it was originally sent, and have had to contact admissions to request it be resent.

Please spread the word to any friends who might have forgotten to chase the evidence request - there's going to be an awful kerfuffle on allocation day if they treat all these applications as late :(
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

And so it begins - just heard that letters have been sent out to grammar applicant families that are considered "late" because they didn't supply the child's proof of address in December. I'm curious to know whether they've had to send more of these than usual - I still haven't come across a single family that received the request for proof when it was supposedly first sent, and surely a fair proportion of families will have overlooked or forgotten the part in the initial paperwork telling them to expect it (and chase for it)?

Did anyone on here receive the request for proof when it was first emailed out by WCC (I think they told me it was the 3rd or 4th of December from memory), without having to chase them for it? Surely if no-one received it they're going to have to give some leeway to people who forgot to request it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now