Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
altfhn

Change of Address

Post by altfhn »

Hello

I am a novice in this forum.

I am requesting following information from any veteran memeber or moderator please.

I have plan that my son will sit for the Redbridge test next year.

I am living in centreal London. Just wondering how do the Redbridge allocate places!

Is there any opportunity to change the address after 31 october eg. Bexley is by 8 December?

Thank you very much in anticipation
Sally-Anne

Re: Change of Address

Post by Sally-Anne »

Although your son will be permitted to take the Redbridge test, he will not gain a place. Places are only offered to children outside the catchment area of the school if there are insufficient children living within the catchment area to fill the available places. That has not happened for the last 5 years.

See page 14, paragraph 3, here: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/5758 ... inal-3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is no option for a late move simply because in-catchment children are prioritised in the test results.

Please strike Redbridge from your list.
basitt

Post by basitt »

If i understood it correctly, the address should be changed before child takes the exam? so for 2019 it should be Sept 2019?
klnewbie

Post by klnewbie »

I'm wondering whether it's when you register for the test...so in may or June?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The information is here, along with the other information you might need.
(I googled "Redbridge 11 plus registration")
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

However, the Redbridge booklet does say that change of address up to 10th December will be accepted?

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/6501 ... inal-4.pdf

Proof of Residence
The address you give in your application must be the one where your child normally lives, on 31 October 2018
and is expected to live in September 2019 and beyond.
In defining a child’s ‘normal’ place of residence, we will not accept a business address, a landlord’s tenant’s
address or a childminder’s address as a basis for allocating school places, nor will future addresses be accepted.
Second homes with a short-term lease, will not be accepted as a normal permanent place of residence.
Proof of residence will be requested from you to prove your home address. “It is your responsibility to provide
evidence of the address used on your application. We have the right to withdraw an offer if you fail to provide
the requested evidence set out below. Please contact the Admissions Team if you are unable to provide
evidence of your address.”
You will have to provide electronic copies of at least two of the following list of documents (they must be within 3 months old at the time of application) and complete your Council Tax number in your online application.
Please remember to submit the required proofs when you apply online.

What if I move?
If you change your address you must inform the Secondary Admissions Team immediately after you have moved.Your application will be amended to reflect your new address once residence is confirmed and will be treated as on time if received by 10 December 2018. Changes received after this date will be treated as a late application.

Late Applications

Applications for schools received after the deadline of 31 October 2018 will generally be considered as late, as
will any changes to an on-time application, except resulting from a change of address received before
10 December 2018.
Only if you can provide documentary evidence giving good reason for lateness, for example if there was an
exceptional incident within your family, may your application be considered as on-time. This will need to be such that you could not have applied in the previous two months.
Between 31 October and 10 December 2018, if you change your address but have already made an
application for specific Redbridge schools to your old local authority, your application will be accepted as on-
time on the basis that an on-time application already exists within the coordinated admissions system. If you
have moved to Redbridge from another London Borough or within Redbridge, you may change the preferred schools and still have this treated as on time with proof of new address.After 10 December 2018, application data is exchanged between Boroughs. Any application after that date will be considered as late.All late applications received will be considered against the oversubscription criteria, but only after all the applications received on-time have been processed. For those moving after 1 March 2019, you must inform the Secondary Admissions Team. It will then be decided whether you may keep the school offered. Your date of application will be the date your residence is confirmed in your new home.

The grammar schools are Redbridge community schools, not academies, so one might expect the 'council' rules to apply. However, these were the rules for 2019 entry and there is always the possibility that they can change from year to year.

I'd ring the Redbridge Admissions Team on Monday to check.

Then move into the Common Catchment Area before I registered my DC to sit the exam, just to be sure.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fluffygirl_27

Post by fluffygirl_27 »

ToadMum wrote:However, the Redbridge booklet does say that change of address up to 10th December will be accepted?

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/6501 ... inal-4.pdf

Proof of Residence
The address you give in your application must be the one where your child normally lives, on 31 October 2018
and is expected to live in September 2019 and beyond.
In defining a child’s ‘normal’ place of residence, we will not accept a business address, a landlord’s tenant’s
address or a childminder’s address as a basis for allocating school places, nor will future addresses be accepted.
Second homes with a short-term lease, will not be accepted as a normal permanent place of residence.
Proof of residence will be requested from you to prove your home address. “It is your responsibility to provide
evidence of the address used on your application. We have the right to withdraw an offer if you fail to provide
the requested evidence set out below. Please contact the Admissions Team if you are unable to provide
evidence of your address.”
You will have to provide electronic copies of at least two of the following list of documents (they must be within 3 months old at the time of application) and complete your Council Tax number in your online application.
Please remember to submit the required proofs when you apply online.

What if I move?
If you change your address you must inform the Secondary Admissions Team immediately after you have moved.Your application will be amended to reflect your new address once residence is confirmed and will be treated as on time if received by 10 December 2018. Changes received after this date will be treated as a late application.

Late Applications

Applications for schools received after the deadline of 31 October 2018 will generally be considered as late, as
will any changes to an on-time application, except resulting from a change of address received before
10 December 2018.
Only if you can provide documentary evidence giving good reason for lateness, for example if there was an
exceptional incident within your family, may your application be considered as on-time. This will need to be such that you could not have applied in the previous two months.
Between 31 October and 10 December 2018, if you change your address but have already made an
application for specific Redbridge schools to your old local authority, your application will be accepted as on-
time on the basis that an on-time application already exists within the coordinated admissions system. If you
have moved to Redbridge from another London Borough or within Redbridge, you may change the preferred schools and still have this treated as on time with proof of new address.After 10 December 2018, application data is exchanged between Boroughs. Any application after that date will be considered as late.All late applications received will be considered against the oversubscription criteria, but only after all the applications received on-time have been processed. For those moving after 1 March 2019, you must inform the Secondary Admissions Team. It will then be decided whether you may keep the school offered. Your date of application will be the date your residence is confirmed in your new home.

The grammar schools are Redbridge community schools, not academies, so one might expect the 'council' rules to apply. However, these were the rules for 2019 entry and there is always the possibility that they can change from year to year.

I'd ring the Redbridge Admissions Team on Monday to check.

Then move into the Common Catchment Area before I registered my DC to sit the exam, just to be sure.

This booklet is for 2019 admission but what about 2020 admission ❓❓Is it the same terms and conditions for 2020 admissions ❓❓
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

15. Redbridge LA will accept late applications only if they are late for a good reason, deciding each case on its own merits. Examples of what will be considered as good reason include: when a single parent has been ill for some time, or has been dealing with the death of a close relative; a family has just moved into the area or is returning from abroad (proof of residence, as defined in the agreed admissions criteria, will be required in these cases). Other exceptional circumstances, submitted in writing will be considered and each case decided on its own merits by the Operational
Director - Education and Inclusion.
16. Where such applications contain preferences for schools in other LAs, Redbridge LA will forward the details to maintaining LAs via the PLR as they are received. Redbridge LA will accept late applications which are considered to be on time within the terms of the home LA’s scheme.
17. The latest date for the upload to the PLR of late applications which are considered to be on-time within the terms of the home LA’s scheme is 13 December 2019.
18. Where an applicant moves from one participating home LA to another after submitting an on-time application under the terms of the former home LA's
scheme, the new home LA will accept the application as on-time up to 12 December 2019, on the basis that an on-time application already exists within the
Pan-London system.

So essentially the same.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx