11+ books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BerksParent

11+ books

Post by BerksParent »

Hi, Has anyone used AE publication books for 11+ exam and any review of them? Does AE tuition use these books or separate material in their tuition classes?
Aethel

Re: AE publication books

Post by Aethel »

We tried one for self tutoring and found that it had some strange questions that seemed to have been written by a non-English speaker. The grammar was peculiar, and there was a comprehension about rivers in India that read very strangely. They also had some synonym examples that didn’t seem very precise. We stopped using it as I didn’t think it was useful.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

We only used AE multiple choice maths test paper 9-12 and find it was time consuming and hardest paper. My son did them one time and score 92,94% and had similar % in real Qeb.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Qeb2019 wrote:We only used AE multiple choice maths test paper 9-12 and find it was time consuming and hardest paper. My son did them one time and score 92,94% and had similar % in real Qeb.
I hate to burst your bubble here, but did you somehow obtain your DS's raw marks for the QE exam? Without them, you cannot possibly say what '%' he scored. The score you are given (?260) is a standardised score, demonstrating how a candidate did in comparison with the others who sat the test (or against a pre-calculated national cohort, depending on how the exam board calculates scores), but in terms of ranked position. It shows that he probably came in the top c.2.5% of candidates sitting the exam - so obviously a high ranking - but it does not say what the raw score was that put him in that position, I'm afraid.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Shee

Post by Shee »

Hi there, we used them for maths and spelling and vocabulary. We found the maths quite difficult in that it wasn't very user friendly but the crosswords and sentences in the VR were good. Our favourite books for Comprehension were the First Past The Post vocabulary in context books. Also CGP ten minute tests. Bond books seem to be harder so I would do those once you are better placed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now