CEM area and perimeter problems

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fishface101

CEM area and perimeter problems

Post by Fishface101 »

hello

this is my first post hope someone can help. my DS will be sitting the test this September (will be affected by the September 2020 intake proposal). we are taking the DIY route coupled with online practice. we could do with more practice on area and perimeter questions including ones with mixed measurement units / ratios. Any suggestions re books etcs - if that is allowed on this site to make suggestions that is?

:)
scary mum

Re: CEM area and perimeter problems

Post by scary mum »

Welcome to the forum.
I'm assuming you are in Birmingham? If you want me to move this to the Birmingham forum, just let me know. There are some suggestions for practice materials here
scary mum
Fishface101

Post by Fishface101 »

hello yes I am in Birmingham, please do move if will get more response and will look at link in meantime. much appreciated.

:D

Moved to Birmingham - Moderator
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

We’ve just been looking at the same topic and found this page useful for practice. http://www.cimt.org.uk/projects/mepres/ ... k7_9i4.htm
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

You could also try the CGP 11+ Maths Practice Book. It is split into different sections such as fractions, ratio and proportion and analysing data etc. and then has tests at the back.

Once you have a few ideas of the questions you can make them up yourself. Change the measurements, units, shapes etc. Stories such as D is digging a pond of measurement A x B and wants to put a gravel path round the edge. The area of the path is X or the path measures X. A bag of gravel covers X area, how many bags are required. Or something like that.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now