Newstead which practice papers are best

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zasif

Newstead which practice papers are best

Post by zasif »

Hi there,

My Y5 daughter is due to sit the Newstead entrance this year can anyone advise which are the best papers to practice. Thank you in advance
scary mum

Re: Newstead which practice papers are best

Post by scary mum »

You may find this section useful.
I'm sure our regular poster PettswoodFiona will be along to help you out soon.
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Best to post in your region rather than general topics. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thanks DG, I hadn't noticed that. I've moved it now.
scary mum
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The school have a practice paper they sell at their open days but they don’t publicise it and I didn’t buy it so it doesn’t seem to matter too much if you don’t get it but it can’t do any harm either.

DD used the Letts and Bomd ten minute tests and continued to read widely and enjoy word games and maths on the go. We did go through the GL practice papers too but more as DD was also doing Kent. We also did a couple of mocks from a provider that holds sessions at various locations including Crofton Halls. I don’t know how good the school practice test is, they had a pilot last year with a small group but it wasn’t available when DD did her test, the ability to at least do the test on the same premises may be a slight advantage and make some pupils less anxious.

The Newstead test is less time critical than say Bexley or Kent but is more focused on accuracy. All the girls I know came out thinking they’d done really well but in reality only a few did well enough to get a place. DD is currently in Y9 and it is a good fit for her.