Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Deb70

Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Post by Deb70 »

Good luck to everyone waiting for their selection review results. Letters are due in three weeks. This forum has been invaluable during the long wait and also in preparing review paperwork. Thanks to all who contribute especially moderators. I have learnt that as well as providing evidence that a child under-performed on the test day, one must also provide evidence that the child is suitable for Grammar School, in the form of above age-related performance since Year 2. Since all my DCs excelled at maths from early on, but love of reading developed over time, they all built up to a higher level in English rather than having it from the start. So for DC3 awaiting review, I think we may not get through even though he has been predicted the highest levels for KS2 SATs, and the HT's comments as well as year 5 report do refer to recent rapid progress in reading. Fingers crossed for everyone ***
mad?

Re: Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Post by mad? »

Yes good luck everyone, fingers crossed and wishing you all the best whatever happens.
mad?
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

the first 8 weeks went quite quickly. Now xmas is over and we're in cold/dark January, it's really dragging. At first I was feeling positive that DS would be successful now I'm just depressed and negative and the thought of having to re-do this in 3 years' time for our daughter is tipping me over the edge. Been looking at houses but we just can't afford to move (plus we love our house and neighbours).
Good luck all.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

We are planning a nice outing for the day as it's DC's birthday. We've told him it will be a No but we will be no worse off than we were before. After several tests and assessments at school (came top), he's started to believe in himself again after feeling like a failure for a while. He understands it's the system that's a bit unfair and that he had a bad day. But it did take a while to restore his self-belief.
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Yes it's such a cruel system. Hope he's not too upset. My ds is so laid back about it all. All but 1 of his friends are going to the local secondary school, the other passed and has put the grammar school down. So he knows he'll be fine wherever he goes.
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

We're in a similar position lea2124. Most of his mates will be going to the upper, he'd be happy with either.
RobertBucks

Post by RobertBucks »

Good luck all
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Goodluck, it is an awful system but remember it is usually the child not the school that makes the difference. Xx
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Nearly had a heart attack this morning when my husband said he'd got an email from BCC about our son's selection review! It was literally telling us they post the letter on fri 8th! If they can email me that why can't they just email the outcome? I'm probably going to have to endure the whole of the next weekend before knowing!
I'm tempted to ask the HT at school pick up on the 8th. 10 days to go.......
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Good luck with the wait! Hope that it speeds by for you.