Woodford County offers for 2019 anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Polka

Woodford County offers for 2019 anyone?

Post by Polka »

Hi all
I keep hearing of children receiving offer of places for 2019 entry to WCHS already... apparently some letters had been sent as early as October last year... has anyone here received an offer or any feedback from the school?
I was under the impression that all offers would be made on March 1st 2019 but is that not the same for WCHS?
Thank you
mad?

Re: Woodford County offers for 2019 anyone?

Post by mad? »

You are correct.
All offers come out in March, WCHS is no different. Usually when this happens it is just sloppy use of language, people might feel that as their DC got a particular score they are certain to get a place there if they applied and therefore describe themselves as having been offered or 'definitely got' a certain school. They haven't, and they are being lazy and ambiguous in their communication. My personal bete noir but hey ho.
mad?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mad? wrote:You are correct.
All offers come out in March, WCHS is no different. Usually when this happens it is just sloppy use of language, people might feel that as their DC got a particular score they are certain to get a place there if they applied and therefore describe themselves as having been offered or 'definitely got' a certain school. They haven't, and they are being lazy and ambiguous in their communication. My personal bete noir but hey ho.
You are not alone in this, mad? -- 'My DC got places at <names several seiective state schools>' is another one of mine. No they didn't . Unless you mean, they were initially offered your e.g. 4th preference, subsequently getting to the top of various waiting lists? But that really isn't what they mean... :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Polka

Post by Polka »

Thank you, that’s reassuring, not sure why anyone would say they’ve been offered a place when they haven’t had confirmation yet.. very very strange and has been niggling at me a bit
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now