Newstead scores in 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fiedi

Newstead scores in 2018

Post by Fiedi »

Does anyone know how low the Newstead scores went last year with consideration to second / third round.

Also, did anyone get a response about raw scores? Do they disclose them?

Thanks
bluesea

Re: Newstead scores in 2018

Post by bluesea »

I remember back in October PettswoodFiona said the 2017 score dropped to 220 and for 2016 had gone as low as 218.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Yes thanks Bluesea. For 2018 entry on offer day were 222 and during the Spring went down to a score of 220 and waitlist position 13 - that we know of. There may have been more but they didn’t post. It can be awkward for some whose DDs are near the cut-off so I always invite parents to PM me if they prefer to pass on information and some of the information about waitlist etc was gained that way.

This year the admissions includes the concept of PP top 350 places. How that affects those who require a place on score we won’t know, what we do know is that the school have already changed their admissions to state a 'qualifying score' minimum of 210 for 2020 entry. Whether this is just a tweak, or an indication of something more unexpected with the results, we don't know.

The lowest it has ever gone in recent years was the 2016 entry when it was 215, so it seems to be creeping back up from that low. Mr Blount is a popular head and seems very passionate about the success of the school and more importantly the happiness of the girls.

Key to know is that 2018 entry, 2019 entry and 2020 entry will all have their unique quirks and won't be comparable to previous years. Whether there are major shifts we don't know, I originally thought not, but now they've changed the admissions for 2020 I do wonder what happened in the results of the 2018 test. Adding to this the 2019 admission document also doesn't refer to the number who sat the test in 2018, but refers again to the 2017 figures, so we don't know if there were many more or less than in previous years either. The waitlist position may be a more helpful indicator to those who narrowly miss out on a place as you have some idea of what movement has taken in the past and this may be more helpful than scores if they are very different from past years.

Newstead do not release raw scores.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I just saw that someone made a FOI request at end of last year for standardised scores by primary school and asks for IC and OC, but doesn’t ask which category (I.e pupil premium) - not that what was in the questiom mattered as the request was declined. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1289036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

Offer letters always used to give the previous year's cutoff, a system that didn't work with offers going to PP and SP in the top 350 then other places ranked from top scores downwards. The new admission policy has a cut off of no lower than 210 and will at least make it more simple and understandable for parents filling in their online forms for all schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now