Tutor recommendation - English GCSE

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

Tutor recommendation - English GCSE

Post by Eccentric »

Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE. My Dd did amazingly in her mocks but as expected as a dyslexic her English mark was below the others. The knowledge is all there, she writes beautifully given the time so this is mainly to help her to build her confidence and to help her with getting the stuff out of her head onto paper in the given time in the exam. Anywhere in Aylesbury Thame or Oxford would work.
Eccentric

Re: Tutor recommendation - English GCSE

Post by Eccentric »

Eccentric wrote:Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE. My Dd did amazingly in her mocks but as expected as a dyslexic her English mark was below the others. The knowledge is all there, she writes beautifully given the time so this is mainly to help her to build her confidence and to help her with getting the stuff out of her head onto paper in the given time in the exam. Anywhere in Aylesbury Thame or Oxford would work.
Preferably someone who teaches English. There seem to be a lot of Phd students on the tutoring sites but they may not have experience with helping a dyslexic student.
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

Eccentric wrote:
Eccentric wrote:Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE.
Did you look on the PATOSS website I suggested on one of your previous posts?
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

loopylala wrote:
Eccentric wrote:
Eccentric wrote:Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE.
Did you look on the PATOSS website I suggested on one of your previous posts?
Oh sorry I missed that. I will look. Thank you
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

PATOSS don’t have any English specific Tutors. What we are looking for is a snecondary qualified teacher who has preferably worked as an examiner.
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

Eccentric wrote:PATOSS don’t have any English specific Tutors. What we are looking for is a snecondary qualified teacher who has preferably worked as an examiner.
The first tutor I clicked on states:

I taught English at a local grammar school for 21 years where I was also Senco- so I have considerable- useful experience.

You didn't mention that they needed to have worked as an examiner in your first post.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Perhaps we are looking in a different area or I am missing something. I have clicked on every tutor within a reasonable distance and they all seem to be SDLP not English specific. I would be grateful if you would post a link to the teacher you have found?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now