11+ Interview for Independent School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lolamoon

11+ Interview for Independent School

Post by lolamoon »

Hi

My daughter has been invited to an interview at an independent school after sitting the exam. Several of her school friends are also interviewing, however their time slots are either 10 or 5 minutes shorter than hers.Is this significant do you think? Does anyone have experience of 11+ interviews?

Thanks so much
Daogroupie

Re: 11+ Interview for Independent School

Post by Daogroupie »

Which school is this?

Sometime they do a follow up on one of the papers that was slightly weaker just to test some knowledge.

You need to post this in the Independent sections where you will see there are many parents who have students doing interviews at the moment.

DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I've moved the threat to the indie section - might get some more advice there
lolamoon

Post by lolamoon »

It was for Stahs - turns out she was given an extra activity - one that seemed to test her creativity of thought and language - this is usually her strongest area so I am rather puzzled! Some girls werent given this extra task at all. And she was scored for her responses...Any ideas what went on there??
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sounds like you had the scholarship interview.

Did they not tell you that you were having the scholarship interview? DG
lolamoon

Post by lolamoon »

No - no one said anything about a scholarship interview and I would be surprised because there are girls from her school who will have aced the maths side much more than her. I just knew that her slot was longer than some others. We had to move the slot because of a clash and she was still given a longer one. She did the same tasks as the rest but then had this extra task too. It was very deep and intense - definitely testing and exploring her creativity and use of language. I am nervous that she was borderline on the maths front and so they wanted to test how strong her English is??
sw3

Post by sw3 »

Hi lolamoon,

what do you mean by "extra"? I think all girls will attend a group activity and then is called one by one for some tests, incl. English and math. I don't know how long your DD's took, but mine stayed inside for one and half hours.

S
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

My daughter has had 5 interviews and had hers at STAHS this week, she and her friends said they weren’t asked any other questions except for what schools they had applied for and gained interviews at. She was so surprised as the other schools talked at length about co curriculum and interests.
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

Mine had 1.5hrs like sw3, similar questions to Earningaplace plus maths and reading.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

We were very surprised as they didn’t ask anything at all to find out about our child.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now