Habs Girls Results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

splits123

Habs Girls Results

Post by splits123 »

Is anyone aware if Habs Girls send an email too or whether it's just postal result? On the information given out at the interview it says "offers posted on 8th Feb".

Also is anyone aware of how many applied and how many were interviewed?

Thanks
miller

Re: Habs Girls Results

Post by miller »

In our email which invited DD to interview, it said results posted 8 Feb. It did then say that they would endeavour to follow up with an email. Last year they also emailed the results later in the day on the Friday.

I might be wrong, but I’m sure we were told 285 girls were called back to interview. I think 80 places, so it’s anybodys guess how much they will over offer and this is not something they confirm.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Hi, the head told us that one year they ended up with two extra classes as many more accepted than normal, I am getting the feeling that schools have to generously over offer. At CLSG we were told it was 150 offers for 70 places. Although Habs seem to have interviewed the most, I am not sure if this includes the preps too.
miller

Post by miller »

No. We know a couple of girls in the lower year. Girls coming up from the prep are not interviewed.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Okay, so they bring back and see a huge amount and they will
Probably rejected half of everyone they see. When we were at CLSG last week the juniors were also being interviewed and they bought back 250 and NLCS 190.
GlazedandBemused

Post by GlazedandBemused »

That's really interesting that CLSG are making 150 offers - last year it was apparently 250 which contributed to the exploding debacle. On here or Mumsnet, there were parents whose daughter had been offered a place, missed it through not accepting on time and was then 80th on a waiting list so it seems that 250 figure is probably accurate.

So much better to offer conservatively. I wonder how quickly they'll explode? Tricky for those who get Highgate or Channing offers the week before and don't know whether to bagsy them or not.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Habs girls and boys prep no longer take the exam.

They have an automatic place in the secondary school. Quite different to STAHS and City Girls where the girls sit the exam and do the interviews. DG
cathycmb

Post by cathycmb »

One parent from our school did ask Habs girl about this information. She said that the deputy head who interviewed them said that they are interviewing about 290 this year and aim to give out 125 offers for the first round with waiting list. As their conversion rate was exceptionally high last year.
Londonmummy

Post by Londonmummy »

Hi Earningaplace, did the CLSG mention how many they called to interview for 11+ if they are intending on making 150 offers.. trying to figure out the chances. Thank you
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Hi London mummy, CLSG emailed me to say they bought back 260 girls ( I don’t know if this includes The juniors as they were there when we were there last week) for 150 offers.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now