Results update

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Earningaplace

Results update

Post by Earningaplace »

Hi, I dropped the schools we are currently waiting for a line, consortium will email results on Friday and Highgate and NLCS and Highgate will
Post Thursday night and follow up with a Friday email. Neither Channing nor Highgate mentioned the exploding offer but both spoke about it at open days. CLSG have emailed all parents their protocol and made it clear that they over offer and withdraw places.
Good luck to everyone, it’s a very long week.
GlazedandBemused

Re: Results update

Post by GlazedandBemused »

Thanks that's so useful to know. Argghg. You don't know what time Consortium schools are hoping to email do you?

Last year I know Channing and SHHS only emailed successful applicants. Presumably it's everyone this year.

Do you know how quickly Highgate's offers have historically exploded and whether they give some sort of warning as to when you have to accept by or if places are running out? Is it before the offer holders morning?
Elma

Post by Elma »

Hi Earningaplace, thanks for the update. Re the consortium, was SHHS on your list as their website says they will email Thursday?
MHM

Post by MHM »

Hi, When we were at SHHS they said letters mailed on 14th and emails 15th.
Website says "Places will then be offered on Thursday 14th February 2019" which could be by letter or mail?
Any guesses? Might be a bit odd if they pre-empted the rest of the Consortium
Elma

Post by Elma »

I looked at the SHHS website earlier this morning and they said they would email on the 14th, but I've just looked and either they changed it after I looked or I got it wrong. The wording now says:
'Places will then be offered on Thursday 14th February 2019 on the basis of performance in the cognitive ability test and interview, as well as the reference from the current school.'

So it might be offer letters go out on the 14th to be received on 15th - but I'm pretty sure earlier on it said emailed.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

It’s such a long week, my sweet DD has a couple of offers and she still had a emotional cry last night and said she found this all stressful. I only know about Channing and not SHHS, If SHHS release Thursday Channing could potentially miss out on candidates. Highgate and Channing could be in direct competition for the girls, I could only image it would be in the morning, but who knows. CLSG Said by 4pm on 25/2 - I can’t imagine waiting another whole week
MHM

Post by MHM »

It is a VERY long week & I am finding it increasingly difficult to focus - let alone my DD. I don't think SHHS offers explode so maybe people will wait for Channing/others.
Does anyone know how fast they have exploded in the past?
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

I hear you, it’s a long week and I
Don’t think the girls will be able to focus at school on Friday morning. I may keep my little one off, it’s tough, they have done so well to pass all the exams and then the worry sets in.
Sla212

Post by Sla212 »

GlazedandBemused wrote:Thanks that's so useful to know. Argghg. You don't know what time Consortium schools are hoping to email do you?

Last year I know Channing and SHHS only emailed successful applicants. Presumably it's everyone this year.

Do you know how quickly Highgate's offers have historically exploded and whether they give some sort of warning as to when you have to accept by or if places are running out? Is it before the offer holders morning?
We were in this position 2 years ago....every year children from our primary school sit for Highgate (among many other schools)....I can tell you that Highgate offers have not exploded for at least the last 3 years because I know children from our school who were on the waiting list and they all received places. Highgate gain a lot of information on which other schools their candidates are sitting for and so, like many other schools, they have a good sense of which families will accept their places.

Two years ago the results arrived on the Friday of half term & the Offer Holder day was a few days later on the Tuesday....they went to the waiting list a week after that.

Earningaplace - sounds like you are going to be spoilt for choice - one of the disadvantages (and advantages) of sitting so many exams!

Good luck, it feels like such a long wait, agonising I know!
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

That’s interesting. Mr James said at open day that they over offer and it’s first come first served. They were very transparent about it. Are you saying people
Have held their places until afternoon the grammar school allocation day and still got
Their place? They said they almost double over offer, same as CLSG and NLCS
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now