Bonds Online

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ACE80

Bonds Online

Post by ACE80 »

MY DS is in year 5 and we have been using Bonds Online to get her topic wise practice on NVR and VR. She is finding it incredibly difficult and does not get more then 60% in each of the practice test. Just wondering if anyone here is using Bonds Online and what do they think of the online resource in terms of difficulty and relevance. We are in Bromley and are aiming for Newstead Woods.
bluesea

Re: Bonds Online

Post by bluesea »

Not answering your question directly. I would suggest you try the paper Bonds as well. The entrance test will be on paper. It may be easier to time her with the paper questions. Once she has the hang of them try to increase the speed. By the time of the entrance test my DD was getting 90% correct. She built this up over a few months. She got a place.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I would second what Bluesea says. DD took the test a good few years ago (now in Y9 at NW) and she did the Bond ten minute tests in hardcopy. The tests are still done on physical paper. By the end of the summer of Y5 she was getting about 90% and in half the time but that was by the end so 60% is a good starting point. Newstead test doesn't seem so time pressured as Kent or Bexley but even with doing the Bond tests quickly she found that Kent and Bexley tests were tight on time.
ACE80

Post by ACE80 »

Thank You both.
I will revert to paper books instead of online
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Agreed.

Preparation should always reflect the actual exam format as much as possible. DG