2019 National Offer Day Countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GS Exams

2019 National Offer Day Countdown

Post by GS Exams »

Hi all anxious parents, I searched high and low this morning to find out if there was an existing topic on this! But couldn’t find one! So thought of starting one myself,this forum has been super helpful when I was getting my DS ready for exams in2018. And now the countdown has started for the offer day ... I am panicking BIG time. Extremely nervous, DS cleared Wilson, Sutton and St Olaves. He has cleared Wallington as well, but without knowing any scores I am extremely worried if he would get an offer on1st Marxh for grammar schools. Bless him, he is super happy about clearing all the exams but little does he know about the HUGE number of children who’ve passed and not that many places to offer unfortunately. Partner is already tired of hearing my worries, can’t discuss much with DS. So thought of seeking some comfort from this forum as I bet there are loads of parents in similar situation. I keep wondering what should I do prepare DS in handling the results. I hate the fact that we would get the offer email after 5 pm, one thing have to wait the whole day and second thing will have to face it with DS around. Would’ve preferred to know first and take my time to digest and then speak to DS. I am hoping it will be good news but all this worry just in case!!!!!
KingstonMama

Re: 2019 National Offer Day Countdown

Post by KingstonMama »

Hi, yes it’s on my mind too. I even had a dream about results day the other day! My DD has forgotten all about it all other than to say that wherever she goes she’s excited about starting a new school and all the possibilities. We are waiting on Tiffin Girls and Nonsuch. My gut is she won’t get Tiffin but that was her favourite. I preferred Nonsuch and hope she gets one or other. It would be gutting after her hard work, and as you say after clearing first stage, not to get either. Good luck GS Exams and others waiting x
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

My son is counting days and is very worried, as a)he wants to go to his brother's school and b)he is very concerned that nobody from his class will go to the same school - whichever school it is. I am afraid that sometimes he is afraid that there won't be a school offer at all on the day - and I am not successful in explaining that such a situation is just not possible in his case.

I am trying my best to be positive and find advantages about whichever school we get. In the end of the day, we went through a very careful selection process and put 6 excellent and very good schools on the list, with a view that all of them, including those that are not grammar schools, have their strong points making it worth going to that school.

On the day I intend to be happy whatever the news and immediately ask the family consider all the advantages that the new school will offer.

Statistically I believe most children get their first choice, or their second. It may be little less certain with grammar schools, of course, especially as there is no clue how high above the pass mark their score was.
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

GS Exams wrote:Hi all anxious parents, I searched high and low this morning to find out if there was an existing topic on this! But couldn’t find one! So thought of starting one myself,this forum has been super helpful when I was getting my DS ready for exams in2018. And now the countdown has started for the offer day ... I am panicking BIG time. Extremely nervous, DS cleared Wilson, Sutton and St Olaves. He has cleared Wallington as well, but without knowing any scores I am extremely worried if he would get an offer on1st Marxh for grammar schools. Bless him, he is super happy about clearing all the exams but little does he know about the HUGE number of children who’ve passed and not that many places to offer unfortunately. Partner is already tired of hearing my worries, can’t discuss much with DS. So thought of seeking some comfort from this forum as I bet there are loads of parents in similar situation. I keep wondering what should I do prepare DS in handling the results. I hate the fact that we would get the offer email after 5 pm, one thing have to wait the whole day and second thing will have to face it with DS around. Would’ve preferred to know first and take my time to digest and then speak to DS. I am hoping it will be good news but all this worry just in case!!!!!
I am not sure where I read this, but I understand that these schools have a good experience of knowing roughly how many students should be considered selective so that they don't have to maintain a large waiting list while most children get their first or second choice schools. Specially, in Sutton area, if your DC is selected for all 3 selective schools and St. Olave, you have a good chance of securing at least one place.

Though I still check the eAdmission email regularly to ensure that I have not goofed up with the CAF process :lol:
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

KingstonMama wrote:Hi, yes it’s on my mind too. I even had a dream about results day the other day! My DD has forgotten all about it all other than to say that wherever she goes she’s excited about starting a new school and all the possibilities. We are waiting on Tiffin Girls and Nonsuch. My gut is she won’t get Tiffin but that was her favourite. I preferred Nonsuch and hope she gets one or other. It would be gutting after her hard work, and as you say after clearing first stage, not to get either. Good luck GS Exams and others waiting x
Thanks, goodluck to you too KingstonMama.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Irisa wrote:My son is counting days and is very worried, as a)he wants to go to his brother's school and b)he is very concerned that nobody from his class will go to the same school - whichever school it is. I am afraid that sometimes he is afraid that there won't be a school offer at all on the day - and I am not successful in explaining that such a situation is just not possible in his case.

I am trying my best to be positive and find advantages about whichever school we get. In the end of the day, we went through a very careful selection process and put 6 excellent and very good schools on the list, with a view that all of them, including those that are not grammar schools, have their strong points making it worth going to that school.

On the day I intend to be happy whatever the news and immediately ask the family consider all the advantages that the new school will offer.

Statistically I believe most children get their first choice, or their second. It may be little less certain with grammar schools, of course, especially as there is no clue how high above the pass mark their score was.
Yes it is annoying not knowing the scores for boys only! But we don't have a say there unfortunately.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

anonymparent wrote:
GS Exams wrote:Hi all anxious parents, I searched high and low this morning to find out if there was an existing topic on this! But couldn’t find one! So thought of starting one myself,this forum has been super helpful when I was getting my DS ready for exams in2018. And now the countdown has started for the offer day ... I am panicking BIG time. Extremely nervous, DS cleared Wilson, Sutton and St Olaves. He has cleared Wallington as well, but without knowing any scores I am extremely worried if he would get an offer on1st Marxh for grammar schools. Bless him, he is super happy about clearing all the exams but little does he know about the HUGE number of children who’ve passed and not that many places to offer unfortunately. Partner is already tired of hearing my worries, can’t discuss much with DS. So thought of seeking some comfort from this forum as I bet there are loads of parents in similar situation. I keep wondering what should I do prepare DS in handling the results. I hate the fact that we would get the offer email after 5 pm, one thing have to wait the whole day and second thing will have to face it with DS around. Would’ve preferred to know first and take my time to digest and then speak to DS. I am hoping it will be good news but all this worry just in case!!!!!
I am not sure where I read this, but I understand that these schools have a good experience of knowing roughly how many students should be considered selective so that they don't have to maintain a large waiting list while most children get their first or second choice schools. Specially, in Sutton area, if your DC is selected for all 3 selective schools and St. Olave, you have a good chance of securing at least one place.

Though I still check the eAdmission email regularly to ensure that I have not goofed up with the CAF process :lol:
Thanks anonymparent. I have read your message atleast a few times now, it is awesome to assume that way. Hope what you says become true about him getting securing a place in one of the schools of our top 3 choices.
zilin1712

Post by zilin1712 »

Anyone know what time on offer day we will get the results via email? Very anxious too as not long more to go til we find out!
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

zilin1712 wrote:Anyone know what time on offer day we will get the results via email? Very anxious too as not long more to go til we find out!
Just after 5pm I think
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I think it varies by local authority but it may be that all the London boroughs are the same, in which case it has been 5pm on 1 March for at least the last few years.