Godolphin & Latymer vs Highgate School- Advice pls

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TY Toys

Godolphin & Latymer vs Highgate School- Advice pls

Post by TY Toys »

Dear All
I hope you've had a nice day!
I don't know whether to accept my place at Highgate School or G&L. I like Highgate and have been there however I haven't been to G&L and would like opinions about it. The reason my parents haven't put a deposit for Highgate because we are waiting for City results and we have been told time is running out. Fortunately, I live in Central London so almost all schools are easy to get to. I would also like too know about G&l's facilities and if it is diverse.
A response would be appreciated! =)
Last edited by TY Toys on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mad?

Re: Godolphin & Latymer vs Highgate School- Advice pls

Post by mad? »

Welcome and congratulations!
I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon, do you know if G & L are having an offer holders day? If not perhaps you or your parents could contact them and ask to look around, if you were not able to do so before. The most obvious difference is that Highgate is Co-ed. How easy are they for you to get to? Good luck.
mad?
TY Toys

Post by TY Toys »

The predicament I'm in is that tomorrow my parents will have to put the deposit down for Highgate so I don't miss out on a place. G & L honours all their places so I could wait for my City results.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Oh dear, I can see your problem. All I can say is that I would not make the decision based on what people on the internet say. Presumably G & L is difficult for you to get to if Highgate and City are not? I'd say that is more important than any difference between the schools. Very stressful for you though I can see.
mad?
TY Toys

Post by TY Toys »

Thank you for the advice! To be honest, G&L is also very easy to get to as I am quite close to the Piccadilly line. But as you said, Highgate is Co-Ed and I think this is an advantage. As Highgate has amazing facilities, does anybody know what Godolphin's are like?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is Godolphin and Latymer part of a consortium? If not, didn't you at least visit the school to sit an entrance exam (and possibly attend an interview)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
TY Toys

Post by TY Toys »

G&L is part of the consortium and I did have my interview there. Unfortunately, all I managed to see was a hall and a waiting room. Also, I have heard that it cares for its children very well and I just wanted to know if that was true.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

TY Toys, you have a private message. Please go to the top of the page where you will see a message that says "1 new message" and click on the link to read it. Thank you.