Wallington Girls school from Bromley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anna2018

Wallington Girls school from Bromley

Post by Anna2018 »

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please - anyway commutes to Wallington girls from Beckenham (Bromley)? Are there any school buses perhaps? The school is a bit far, so looking at creative ways to get there if possible.

Thanks a lot
Anna
streathammum

Re: Wallington Girls school from Bromley

Post by streathammum »

Anna2018 wrote:Hi all,

Looking for some advice please - anyway commutes to Wallington girls from Beckenham (Bromley)? Are there any school buses perhaps? The school is a bit far, so looking at creative ways to get there if possible.

Thanks a lot
Anna
I don't think there are any school buses. Schools in Sutton are well-served by public transport so there's no need for them.

TfL journey planner suggests a journey of over an hour, involving buses and trains, without factoring in how long it would take for you to reach the interchange in Beckenham from your home. I'm afraid that unless you're planning to move, Wallington Girls may be too far away for your DD.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

My friends son goes to Wally boys from Beckenham, but it is the Penge side. He gets the tram and it is about a 45 minute journey. I think Wally girls is further away, but I think there is a bus from West Croydon. I can't remember which.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

From Bromley I'd think you'd train to Beckenham, tram to Church St Croydon, walk round the corner then 157 bus to Stafford Road/Woodcote Road Wallington, then a 15ish minute walk to the school.

It's a long way...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now