LEH vs NLCS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HOPE19

LEH vs NLCS

Post by HOPE19 »

Thankfully, dd has been offered a place at both NLCS and LEH, but we are not able to make up our minds. Distance is not an issue as we plan to move depending upon the final choice.
Dd is pretty much self driven and I feel will adapt quickly to the new environment. NLCS has been on the top of our list for a while now but for some reason dd is inclining more towards LEH recently.
Please correct me if i am wrong, but I think both the schools are at par with each other academically. What is that I need to be looking at to understand as to which school will prove to be better fit. I am completely clueless. Any insights will be highly appreciated.
Cheers
Bazelle

Re: LEH vs NLCS

Post by Bazelle »

Difficult choice, well done to your DD for securing places to these 2 schools. Not first hand experience here but is there one that is bigger than the other? Classes size? Pastoral care? Extracurricular (sports, music, drama)? University destinations? Fees? Commute? Sixth form culling? You can try Mumsnet, I found them to be a bit more useful and talkative after the exams, whereas elevenplus is more about preparing for the exams IYSWIM.
Poppyredshoes

Re: LEH vs NLCS

Post by Poppyredshoes »

Yes there is lots on mumsnet at the moment about LEH. Have you looked at house prices in the area and bear in mind the traffic is dreadful if crossing the river from Surrey or coming along the A316. Re class size, last year they over offered and went to 6 classes but have promised to reduce this year as don’t have the space. The sport is lacrosse which is of course a very niche sport. The rowing is based in Sunbury with no public transport links. There is the good link to Hampton with shared drama and Cadets as well as the coach service. If you look at the coach map this is where the pupils in the class will come from in terms of friendship groups.