2019 Offers Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Skylark

Re: 2019 Offers Day

Post by Skylark »

Less than a week to go everyone!

I feel as I am constantly logging on these days and checking for your posts and seeing how you all are. All the best everyone - I really hope all of your DC get the school they really want!
Redshoes

Post by Redshoes »

Good luck Skylark hope you and DC get the school you want. Although my DD is in yr 10 at KEHG now - I do remember how painfully slow the last few days before allocation day seemed to drag. Try and keep busy
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Redshoes wrote:Good luck Skylark hope you and DC get the school you want. Although my DD is in yr 10 at KEHG now - I do remember how painfully slow the last few days before allocation day seemed to drag. Try and keep busy
Thank you for the well wishes Redshoes. Time seems to have stopped. Out of desperation I even emailed admissions and FO to see if cut-off scores can be revealed at least. It was all in vain, the waiting continues.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

It drags!

I know you're looking at BV and CHB. Is CHB first choice? What is your son's score? Presumably you're 'borderline' or cut offs unpredictible?

Even though we 'knew' we had a decent score for QM, we needed to see it in writing before we could relax! With my other son, there was everything to play for and it could have gone several ways. In other words, we've experienced both sides of the coin.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Ricky74 wrote:It drags!

I know you're looking at BV and CHB. Is CHB first choice? What is your son's score? Presumably you're 'borderline' or cut offs unpredictible?

Even though we 'knew' we had a decent score for QM, we needed to see it in writing before we could relax! With my other son, there was everything to play for and it could have gone several ways. In other words, we've experienced both sides of the coin.

Ricky74, our ds1 is just above last years cut-off for CHB. Not sure if being slightly above last years cut-off will guarantee a place or not? We put QM as 3rd, even though he had a good score, he liked BV better. He really liked CHB when he went for the open day. Let's see how it pans out. At least the weather is bright and warm.

I think until you have it confirmed in writing you can't stop this anxious feeling and I can relate to your experiences. Thank you for sharing them.
Last edited by Skylark on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Ah great scores there, so least that takes the heat off!
Hoping it all works out for your son. Not long to go now :D

The sun is helping (though, climate wise, this is a worry).
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Ricky74 wrote:Ah great scores there, so least that takes the heat off!

It's been nice to have the spring feeling so early. The uncertainty is still there Ricky74, even if his scores seem good.

From your experience on this forum. What are your thoughts on potential cut-off scores for 2019?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Skylark wrote:

It's been nice to have the spring feeling so early. The uncertainty is still there Ricky74, even if his scores seem good.

From your experience on this forum. What are your thoughts on potential cut-off scores for 2019?
Good luck for your son and everyone waiting.Any thoughts will only add to the stress of waiting.Be positive like the sunshine today even if the weather changes tomorrow.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Skylark wrote:

I know the feeling Skylark. I have been trying to guesstimate :lol: as my DS is just above for KEFW too.

He scored 234 and in the last 3 years, cut offs have been 233 233 232.

Hopefully it continues to drop or stays around about there. :lol:

We do fortunately have KES as a back up, which has somewhat alleviated the stress. :D

I hope Solihull release on 28th February again this year.
round2

Post by round2 »

Hi all. Good luck to everyone for 1st March - allocation day - and although my DD scored high enough to get a place at a Grammar School - still feeling nervous, in fact the nerves only kicked in yesterday! I already have a DD at KECHG but still feeling nervous! Any ideas on when Walsall get their notifications?