City girls results coming today. Good luck to all applicant

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

City girls results coming today. Good luck to all applicant

Post by Daogroupie »

Please post your results here.

A fantastic school with great results and easy to get to.

What more could you ask? DG
ToadMum

Re: City girls results coming today. Good luck to all appli

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:Please post your results here.

A fantastic school with great results and easy to get to.

What more could you ask? DG
That they will have got a better grip on how to do offers decently this year, perhaps?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think moving results day to after half term was an important first step in this. DG
HOPE19

Post by HOPE19 »

Hello everyone.
Anxiously waiting for the CLGS results today. About the whole policy of 'bombing offers'.... how bad is it??...I mean, I was wondering if I have until tomorrow morning to make up my mind(that is if we do get in) or should I get to making the bank transfer etc right away (4pm)...
any kind of advice would be highly appreciated.
TIA.
fleurdelacourt

Post by fleurdelacourt »

Hope19 the exploding offers definitely won't explode today so don't panic.

If it's your preferred school then returning the contract and paying the deposit tomorrow will be fine.

Best of luck to your dd
MrsCal

Post by MrsCal »

fleurdelacourt wrote:Hope19 the exploding offers definitely won't explode today so don't panic.

If it's your preferred school then returning the contract and paying the deposit tomorrow will be fine.

Best of luck to your dd
What makes you think that if you don't mind me asking Fleur.
fleurdelacourt

Post by fleurdelacourt »

It took several days for the places to fill last year. I don't see that anything significant has changed?
expat

Post by expat »

CLSG closed the acceptances after less than 1.5 working days last year. With all the publicity that drew, more parents will be aware of the need to act quickly so it could well close in less than 1 working day. However, it has been asserted elsewhere on this forum that the school will be making far fewer offers this year than they did last year. Hopefully that will reduce the pressure and allow offer holders a bit more time to consider and, possibly, actually attend offer holders days.
MrsCal

Post by MrsCal »

expat wrote:CLSG closed the acceptances after less than 1.5 working days last year. With all the publicity that drew, more parents will be aware of the need to act quickly so it could well close in less than 1 working day. However, it has been asserted elsewhere on this forum that the school will be making far fewer offers this year than they did last year. Hopefully that will reduce the pressure and allow offer holders a bit more time to consider and, possibly, actually attend offer holders days.
Yes, this is why I thought it might fill up fast.

On another note, I haven't seen a mention of an offer holders' day, I don't think this is planned?
expat

Post by expat »

MrsCal wrote:On another note, I haven't seen a mention of an offer holders' day, I don't think this is planned?
Well, the last two offer holders' days effectively turned into extra new students' days. Perhaps they decided to economize this year and just have the one later this spring :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now