When will admissions criteria be finalised?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rooroo

When will admissions criteria be finalised?

Post by Rooroo »

Just wondering how long till we find out the outcome of the proposed changes?
ToadMum

Re: When will admissions criteria be finalised?

Post by ToadMum »

Rooroo wrote:Just wondering how long till we find out the outcome of the proposed changes?

The deadline for the determination of admission arrangements is 28th February and the admission authority (the school, if an academy) must notify their local authority by 15th March.

From the Admissions Code:

Determination
1.46 All admission authorities must determine (i.e. formally agree) admission arrangements every year, even if they have not changed from previous years and a consultation has not been required. Admission authorities must determine admission arrangements for entry in September 2016 by 15 April 2015 and for all subsequent years, by 28 February in the determination year.
1.47 Once admission authorities have determined their admission arrangements, they must notify the appropriate bodies and must publish a copy of the determined arrangements on their website displaying them for the whole offer year (the school year in which offers for places are made). Admission authorities must send a copy of their full, determined arrangements to the local authority. Admission authorities must send a copy of their determined admission arrangements for entry in September 2016 as soon as possible before 1 May 2015, and for all subsequent years, as soon as possible before 15 March in the determination year. Admission authorities for schools designated with a religious character must also send a copy oftheir arrangements to the body or person representing their religion or religious denomination.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Thank you ToadMum
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Camp Hill Boys have published the new admissions policy on their website this morning. Looks like the proposals have been passed. There’s no mention of score as yet but they’ve said both qualifying and priority scores will be published before the entrance test takes place.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!
DMC1

Post by DMC1 »

KEFW have published theirs as well - the catchment and sibling priority is confirmed but they've included a couple of out of Birmingham areas in the catchment as well
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Tonythetiger wrote:Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!
Just not my bit of Sandwell. 3 miles away from the school and in between the two catchments on the map. I'm not very happy at all.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Yes, Sandwell again. Looks like they listened to the feedback about the more deprived areas (Sandwell) but not for Solihull.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

thirdtimemum wrote:
Tonythetiger wrote:Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!
Just not my bit of Sandwell. 3 miles away from the school and in between the two catchments on the map. I'm not very happy at all.
How about the Five Ways catchment? Any luck there?
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Tonythetiger wrote:
thirdtimemum wrote:
How about the Five Ways catchment? Any luck there?

I doubt it as I'm further from there and wouldn't entertain sending my kids that far. Tbh I didn't like Handsworth for my eldest but its a matter of principle. Local schools for local kids is not what they are providing. If it was it would be on distance.