School Allocation Day- Friday 1st March 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

daddyof3

School Allocation Day- Friday 1st March 2019

Post by daddyof3 »

Hello everyone

Anyone else feeling nervous about school allocations?

Trying not to think about it but it is hard.

Does anyone know what time we should be expecting the results?

Will we need to log into the school admissions account to get the results or will the results be emailed?

Do primary schools know the results yet?

Many thanks
Fingerscrossedmum

Re: School Allocation Day- Friday 1st March 2019

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Morning.

Thank goodness mine are finished with all this but I remember well how I felt last year!

Based on last year,if you applied online you can log on and check from 5pm (although as everyone else is doing the same, it can take a while to get in!).

Results started being emailed out from 5pm (just checked and we received ours at 18.23).

If you applied by post, then the results are posted to you.

I hope you get the result you're hoping for.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

daddyof3 wrote:Hello everyone

Anyone else feeling nervous about school allocations?

Trying not to think about it but it is hard.

Does anyone know what time we should be expecting the results?

Will we need to log into the school admissions account to get the results or will the results be emailed?

Do primary schools know the results yet?

Many thanks
I am terrified, just counting the hours until it is 5 pm on Friday. This whole process has been nerve wrecking and I cant wait it all to be over hopefully on a happy note!
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Thanks so much fingerscrossedmum

The time seems to be going so slow and we are expecting the results in the evening ahhh.

@GS Exams glad to hear that I am not the only one. I better fully charge my phone on Friday.

Will we need to login to our account to get the results?
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Good luck all!
We were in your position this time last year and remember it well. Hold your nerve everyone you are almost there!
Yes daddyof3 you can log into your online account to see the result from 5 pm otherwise emails are sent out in batches. Our email arrived about 18.30.

A final word for you all, if the result is not quite what you are hoping for- don’t panic or give up! It really is just the start and there is loads of movement in subsequent months. We got our 6 th preference (comprehensive) on offer day and by the end of the summer had 2 of our higher preferences offered (both Grammar).
Thinking of you all and sending positive vibes
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

I second xnataliax. There is a lot of movement throughout the following months and even, on occasion, into the summer holidays. Even in the grammar schools.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Head teachers should know the school allocations by now, according to my spies*. :shock: I'm assuming they will let teachers know after close of business on Friday....

Going purely on Bexley primary and nursery admissions allocations you can normally log on to the e-admissions site at 5pm to find out your allocation. The emails and text messages might come through a bit later.

Good luck everyone! See you on the other side. :wink:

*My spies sadly can't be bribed. :lol:
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Thanks everyone for your advice and reassurance.
@Xnataliax- I will try logging into the account.
My DD's teacher was quizzing all the pupils in the class about their first choice school preference. He must know as he is SLT.

Wishing everyone all the best for tomorrow.
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

PeppermintCreams wrote:Head teachers should know the school allocations by now, according to my spies*. :shock: I'm assuming they will let teachers know after close of business on Friday....

Going purely on Bexley primary and nursery admissions allocations you can normally log on to the e-admissions site at 5pm to find out your allocation. The emails and text messages might come through a bit later.

Good luck everyone! See you on the other side. :wink:

*My spies sadly can't be bribed. :lol:
:lol:
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

Head teachers should know the school allocations by now, according to my spies*. :shock: I'm assuming they will let teachers know after close of business on Friday....
Do Primaries get told this?

How is it any of their business?