St Olave's and St Saviour's Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Liddle

St Olave's and St Saviour's Grammar School

Post by Liddle »

Could any parents with sons in this school kindly give any advice on how you prepared them for the tests and what books you brought, please?
scary mum

Re: St Olave's and St Saviour's Grammar School

Post by scary mum »

There are some helpful suggestions on this page
scary mum
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

Thank you.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

We used a group tutor, all the resources on this forum and GL papers plus independent school papers for the second round. The Manchester Grammar School maths papers were about the right level. Speed plus accuracy important. Also practise creative writing - most of the boys are great at maths but English is the decider I think.
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

grgygirl wrote:We used a group tutor, all the resources on this forum and GL papers plus independent school papers for the second round. The Manchester Grammar School maths papers were about the right level. Speed plus accuracy important. Also practise creative writing - most of the boys are great at maths but English is the decider I think.
Thank you. :)
Goodstudent&

Post by Goodstudent& »

I would also highly recommend their PTA mock. It was very helpful in our case: it allows your son to see the process, so he feels more relax in the real thing; it gives the realistic picture where the boy stands in comparison with the others taking the test; it reflects the structure of their SET.

As far as I know, the school sells 1 full set of specimen papers. You might want to call the school and inquire.

The Open day is June 30th this year I believe. You can buy the papers there as well.
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

Goodstudent& wrote:I would also highly recommend their PTA mock. It was very helpful in our case: it allows your son to see the process, so he feels more relax in the real thing; it gives the realistic picture where the boy stands in comparison with the others taking the test; it reflects the structure of their SET.

As far as I know, the school sells 1 full set of specimen papers. You might want to call the school and inquire.

The Open day is June 30th this year I believe. You can buy the papers there as well.
Thank you so much.
Br2111

Post by Br2111 »

My son goes to Olaves and I whole heartedly recommend the school. The Mock test booking for June 2019 are now being accepted. If your child is in Year 5 currently and likely to appear for the Olaves exam in September, I would recommend you book the mock test session ASAP. Good luck !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now