Score of 211

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kessaar

Score of 211

Post by kessaar »

My son scored 211 and they have offered the nearest comp school well not even the nearest, it’s bit further along three road, I assume 211 is low for Handsworth school as well I presume now...
Inner Chimp

Re: Score of 211

Post by Inner Chimp »

kessaar wrote:My son scored 211 and they have offered the nearest comp school well not even the nearest, it’s bit further along three road, I assume 211 is low for Handsworth school as well I presume now...
Sorry to hear this looks like the cut offs have risen by lots of points across all the schools. This system is so uncertain. Wait until the office opens and ring them for the exact cut off score your son may well get in off the waiting list. Good luck
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

I appreciate that this is a difficult time, but GS is not the be all and end all. Did you put HGS on your CAF? Don’t rush into wanting to add it if you haven’t visited the school or looked at transport options.

Wait and see what the cut-offs are and have the weekend to think more rationally. If you want to know anything about HGS happy to help. If you do want to add it you would then have to be asked to be put on a W/L.
kessaar

Post by kessaar »

Thanks Helen0209, I have infact included HGS and told the school that 211 could be in after 1st April, so need to wait for now I think, thank you for the advice. Please give some advice regarding the school, I am getting mixed reviews, as long as the school and staff are okay then there is no trouble, I am not bothered about the area.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

kessaar wrote:Thanks Helen0209, I have infact included HGS and told the school that 211 could be in after 1st April, so need to wait for now I think, thank you for the advice. Please give some advice regarding the school, I am getting mixed reviews, as long as the school and staff are okay then there is no trouble, I am not bothered about the area.
Yes, just wait to see what happens with the lists. We know the cut off is 218, although last year I believe the waiting list moved around 2-3 places by summer.
My son goes to HGS and we are very happy with the school. However, you need to visit the school with your son and look at transport options too - do your research. Explore your state options too as I would echo Helen's words about grammar school not being the only route to your child's success and happiness. Good luck.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

219, I believe, sorry though not sure if that is the confirmed official cut off?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

School and staff in my opinion are great. DS1 and DS2 are both there (Y9 and Y7). Was the only option for DS1, but DS2 chose it over KEA and BV and we were more than happy with that.

Just PM me if you have specific questions, but would echo that you need to visit for yourself and also find out your W/L position.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

kessaar wrote:Thanks Helen0209, I have infact included HGS and told the school that 211 could be in after 1st April, so need to wait for now I think, thank you for the advice. Please give some advice regarding the school, I am getting mixed reviews, as long as the school and staff are okay then there is no trouble, I am not bothered about the area.
Oh wow. That time of year already. I recall this moment last year.

Anyway I won't bore you with my story but I'm here to let you know that I have my son at HGS in year 7. He is doing extremely well and does enjoy it.

I too echo the comments above and it is nice to know that both parents above gave brilliant advice to me last year when I was going through this crazy process.

All the best.

You're more than welcome to PM me aswell if you need more info.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Caveman47 wrote:
Oh wow. That time of year already. I recall this moment last year.

Anyway I won't bore you with my story but I'm here to let you know that I have my son at HGS in year 7. He is doing extremely well and does enjoy it.

I too echo the comments above and it is nice to know that both parents above gave brilliant advice to me last year when I was going through this crazy process.

All the best.

You're more than welcome to PM me aswell if you need more info.
It’s like a school reunion on here! I can’t believe a year has passed since we were glued to this forum and the phone working our ways around waiting lists!

Would like to echo the comment above, i’ve been lucky enough to receive excellent advice from the above parents. My son is very happy in year 7 at HGS. Feel free to ask any questions.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now