Clairecone's appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Clairecone

Clairecone's appeal

Post by Clairecone »

Would an Educational Psychologist’s report be of benefit for appeals and if so, how do we find one??
Etienne

Re: How do I find an Educational Psychologist?

Post by Etienne »

Please read the Q&As.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

https://www.bps.org.uk/public/find-psychologist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This might be a useful place.I am sure if you do a search on this forum you might find some useful links.

overlapped.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Clairecone

Post by Clairecone »

Thank you, both!

With regards to submitting the appeal, is is best to put the forms in sooner and then gather the evidence? Can I put a very short appeal form in and then flesh it out later?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Clairecone wrote:Thank you, both!
With regards to submitting the appeal, is is best to put the forms in sooner and then gather the evidence?
It really doesn't matter.
Can I put a very short appeal form in and then flesh it out later?
Yes - this too is covered in the Q&As.

Could you stick to this one thread from now on? I'll rename it "Clairecone's appeal" for you.
Otherwise, if the details of your case are scattered over numerous threads, it will make it very difficult for us to help you in future.
Please read "Welcome. Start here! Essential reading."
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Clairecone

Re: Clairecone's appeal

Post by Clairecone »

Thank you!
Clairecone

Post by Clairecone »

Hello, i’m Looking through the case work I’ve received from county regarding the appeal. I’m really confused as to how they have decided that my daughter does not have the required academic standard for grammar school.

The panel noted that she did not qualify in any of the elements of the STTS. This is true, however due to the circumstances, I would have expected her to show a reduction in marks on all elements. They still show she is better at maths, which is consistent with teachers reports.

However, the statement that is puzzling me is that her academic evidence does not explain the shortfall between all three elements and the qualifying score. They have already agreed that her predicted marks in SATS are reasonable, ie 111-120 for everything and greater depth for Writing. How can good academic evidence be used to account for a shortfall in marks? Surely, evidence of poor academic ability would account for a shortfall, rather than good. Are they saying that her evidence is good and this is why it doesn’t account for the mark?

That is all it says. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something obvious??

Thank you
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Surely they mean that the stronger the academic evidence is, the easier it is to explain the shortfall on exam day?

If your child was consistently performing at the top ability level but had a poor exam, you would point to the academic evidence to explain that the exam result did not reflect your child's true ability.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

However, the statement that is puzzling me is that her academic evidence does not explain the shortfall between all three elements and the qualifying score. They have already agreed that her predicted marks in SATS are reasonable, ie 111-120 for everything and greater depth for Writing. How can good academic evidence be used to account for a shortfall in marks?
This sounds like a Bucks review.

You should ask this question at your hearing.
You shouldn't have to struggle to understand.
What were the criteria for a successful review?
If it is not clear how the panel arrived at their decision, it is arguable that the review was not fair, consistent and objective.
Etienne
Clairecone

Post by Clairecone »

Thanks, Etienne. Out of interest, why does it sound like a Bucks review to you?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now