Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tjc

Re: Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Post by Tjc »

confusedmummyofboys wrote:
watfordmum2018 wrote:It was a weird year last year as the schools closed due to snow on the 2nd and so I didn't receive an email until Monday 5th March from Parmiter's. It gave us our position on the waiting list. I've just seen that Parmiter's will publish the cut off score for this year on March 4th, it will be on their website.
Thank you. My son sits this Sept but just curious as to what scores gain spaces
You need to look on the individual schools' websites as they all publish the minimum scores necessary in previous years - it changes from year to year. There is also a really helpful post in this forum, under the 'Hertfordshire (South West)' board, right up the top of the list of threads, called 'SW Herts consortium schools: admission statistics', which helpfully lists not only the scores on allocation day (1 March) but also the scores later in the year after the continuing interest lists have been gone through - these final scores are lower than the allocation day scores.
Tjc

Post by Tjc »

Watford Girls Grammar School has now posted their minimum scores too: https://www.watfordgrammarschoolforgirl ... 25C443.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

DD got Parmiters but sat the music test, academic test and is also the daughter of a member of staff, so am curious to find out which rule she got in under!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

That would be the member of staff rule!
3.Girlswitha parent who is a permanent member of the school staff. To qualify, the member of staff must either have been employed at the school for two or more years at thetime at which the application for admission is made or have been recruited to fill a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. In all cases, the member of staff must have parental responsibility (sole or shared) for the girl.
Tjc

Post by Tjc »

mitasol wrote:That would be the member of staff rule!
3.Girlswitha parent who is a permanent member of the school staff. To qualify, the member of staff must either have been employed at the school for two or more years at thetime at which the application for admission is made or have been recruited to fill a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. In all cases, the member of staff must have parental responsibility (sole or shared) for the girl.
No, not necessarily. Places are allocated in order of rule, so if you qualify under more than one rule, you get admitted under the highest rule under which you qualify. Academic test is rule 5, music test is rule 6 and children of staff is rule 7. So she could well have been admitted under the academic or music criteria. But won't know until Parmiter's publish the cut-off scores for those on Mon 4th. It doesn't really matter but just would quite like to know!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I'm sorry I was being a bit flippant! :lol: It has been a long day.
Sunnyrosegarden

Post by Sunnyrosegarden »

Was thinking about Ricky - I think the new school at Croxley Danes is going to have a big impact in Croxley. Lots of children at that end of Croxley will put it first choice, so think the Ricky catchment will move further into Rickmansworth itself? Previously, everyone in Croxley out Ricky in an attempt to avoid Westfield.
chillout29

Post by chillout29 »

I think the academic cutoff for parmiters must of stayed at 228 (I can’t believe it went down) - I know this as my DS only did the academic test.
17leaver

Post by 17leaver »

Parmiters could have come down, as Watford girls is down to 212 this year...it was 221 last year.
Maybe scores were a lot lower this year?
Did anyone get parmiters today with a score lower than 228?
Para74

Post by Para74 »

17leaver wrote:Parmiters could have come down, as Watford girls is down to 212 this year...it was 221 last year.
Maybe scores were a lot lower this year?
Did anyone get parmiters today with a score lower than 228?
You may be correct
unofficially watford boys cutoff seems 219 slight drop from last year so i assume similar with Parmiters too.
Jam

Post by Jam »

Does anyone know of a lower score than 219 for WGSB- our DS has a score of 218... feels like so close... but yet so far!