Newstead Wood entrance 2019 - cut off scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PettswoodFiona

Newstead Wood entrance 2019 - cut off scores

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I have started this thread for those who are wanting to discuss cut-off scores. If your DD gets a place and a high score please be sensitive to those who maybe haven’t got the news they wanted.

For 2018 entry on offer day the lowest score was 222 and during the Spring went down to a score of 220 and waitlist position 13 - that we know of. There may have been more but they didn’t post. It can be awkward for some whose DDs are near the cut-off so I always invite parents who don’t want to post publicly to PM me with what category their DD is in and their score. Some of the information about waitlist etc has bee gained that way in the past.

This year the admissions includes the concept of PP top 350 places. How that affects those who require a place on score we won’t know, what we do know is that the school have already changed their admissions to state a 'qualifying score' minimum of 210 for 2020 entry. Whether this is just a tweak, or an indication of something more unexpected with the results, we don't know.

The lowest the required score has ever gone in recent years was the 2016 entry when it was 215 by September

DD is now in Y9 at Newstead and options for GCSE are chosen. She is really happy at the school. Questions about the school itself are also welcome.

Wishing everyone all the best
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Wood entrance 2019 - cut off scores

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Good luck everyone- not long now. I see Kent have had their results for a while.
BellaW

Post by BellaW »

Got a place! :D (score 224)
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

BellaW wrote:Got a place! :D (score 224)
Congratulations Bella. Thanks for the prompt post which will be helpful to others. Sounds like things haven't moved much then (unless this is a PP place?).
BellaW

Post by BellaW »

Thank you. It is not a PP place.
SweetMemory15

Post by SweetMemory15 »

@PettswoodFiona My dd got 217 in Newstead which is our 1st choice but they gave us Chis and Sid which is our second choice. Do you think we have chances for the waiting list in Newstead ?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

SweetMemory15 wrote:@PettswoodFiona My dd got 217 in Newstead which is our 1st choice but they gave us Chis and Sid which is our second choice. Do you think we have chances for the waiting list in Newstead ?
I posted on the other general thread before I saw this. Thanks for sharing the score. It is a great score and so close. We don’t know what the cut off for today is yet so it would be good if more people between 217 and 224 can post. We know 224 has been offered today. Last year 222 (but not all) was offered and it went down to at least 220. 217 isn’t out of the question but my guess is that it will be a long wait.

I would love to be more positive but wait for the letter from Newstead (or call on Monday) which should give your waitlist position and that will shed some more light on chances. Fingers crossed for you.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I have heard via private message that a score of 220 was not offered. We therefore have a cut-off at the moment of somewhere between 220 and 224.
Bexley11plus

Post by Bexley11plus »

My daughter scored 219 and was offered a place from the waiting list in July.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Thanks Bexley for letting us know, if you don’t mind sharing the waitlist position that will help others enormously.