Rickmansworth School

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WP

Rickmansworth School

Post by WP »

Has anyone here received an admissions audit report from this school, or know of someone else who has? If so, can you tell me what non-personal information it contains?

I ask because I've been trying to obtain statistics on admissions from consortium schools, and this one is refusing, citing Data Protection for personal information. The specific items of interest are
  1. the farthest distance from the school of any child offered a place under the distance criterion.
  2. the lowest standardized score of any child offered a place under the academic criterion.
  3. the lowest audition score of any child offered a place under the music criterion.
watdad

Post by watdad »

All that info is non personal!

They are obliged to provide if you applied to the school.

What do you require it for?
WP

Post by WP »

It certainly seemed to me that this was not personal info. I didn't apply to this school, but if they are providing this info to people who did it would rather weaken their argument that it comes under the Data Protection exemption to the Freedom of Information Act.

As for why I'm asking the schools for this, it's something I always wanted to know but was afraid to ask, until my children had secured their places. There's too much secrecy, rumour and guesswork around the SW Herts admissions process. I'll be posting what I get.
WP

Post by WP »

Actually it's a rather technical point. Each of those three pieces of information does pertain to a particular student at their school, but there's no way anyone can find out which one. But if they're handing this out anyway they've conceded that point.
watdad

Post by watdad »

This is all standard info if you request an audit report.

I don’t believe you can request it under the data protection act as it is non personal you should however be able to request it under the freedom of information act.

Just request an audit report for child!
WP

Post by WP »

watdad wrote:This is all standard info if you request an audit report.

I don’t believe you can request it under the data protection act as it is non personal you should however be able to request it under the freedom of information act.

Just request an audit report for child!
I am requesting under FoI; they are claiming it's personal info, and thus subject to the Data Protection Act exemption to FoI.

I can't request an audit report, as I didn't apply for a place at that school. Besides, I'm after a few years of data.

watdad, have you seen an audit report for Rickmansworth, or are you extrapolating from Parmiter's and WB? They're probably the same, but I'd like to be sure. (And by the way, what non-personal info is in those reports?)