Stationery

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mumofgirls

Re: Stationery

Post by Mumofgirls »

Centralperk wrote:
Mumofgirls wrote:
Centralperk wrote:Well what a spectacular turn up!

I have today received a letter ADMITTING there weren’t individuals erasers available and an APOLOGY!

It says they have investigated my child’s case in detail and looked at his use of an eraser. They have added a record to his account and if we want to go to appeal the lack of eraser evidence will be made available.
Snap, just had the same reply. It’s not just about looking at their paper though and assessing the rubber use, it’s also about time wasted waiting for the rubber. Are you taking it any further down the complaints process now? I’m thinking that this is enough to now wait until appeals and to use this admission of incompetence together with academic evidence as necessary.
Not planning on taking it any further yet as my Son should get a place based on his score.
That’s a relief, unfortunately not the case from my daughter.
Memebaby

Post by Memebaby »

Mumofgirls I really feel for you because if your daughter ends up being close to AQS I think you have a right to feel aggrieved. My daughter sat at lawrence sheriff . I know she was delayed by the rubber issue but more importantly I really think she was distracted by it. She was able to tell me in great detail of the children putting hands up waiting for the invigilator to go over and ask them what was up, then going off to get rubber, then returning with rubber, then taking it back off the child. She was able to tell me all about a boy who sat with his hand up for ages and didn't get noticed and then the time ran out. All the time she was noticing that, she was not concentrating on her exam and with such tight time frames taking your eye off the ball for even short periods of time is going to affect your score. Should she have allowed herself to be distracted in this way.... I don't know...they are only 10 years old after all , but given what is at stake , the distraction could so easily have been avoided by the adults who should have known better. My dd got a score which I think and hope will be enough regardless but I wanted you to know I agree with your view on this issue and I don't think this is a petty point X
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

Well said memebaby. I think my son was the one (or maybe one of many) with his hand up and they didn't get to him in time for him to rub his incorrect answer out and change it before the time was up. Shocking! So annoyed for him as his result is not a fair reflection of his ability - whether or not he's done well enough to get in. I sympathise with all of you with borderline scores and the long wait and then possible hassle of appeal.

BTW has anybody had the letter yet requesting 2 forms of proof of address for grammar application. I believe we only have until 31st December to submit it and yet I have not yet received anything.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There is a thread entitled proof of address - andcyes some people have had the letter and others haven’t but there is a strict deadline by which you must reply, so make sure you follow up if you still haven’t heard by tomorrow.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Memebaby wrote:Mumofgirls I really feel for you because if your daughter ends up being close to AQS I think you have a right to feel aggrieved. My daughter sat at lawrence sheriff . I know she was delayed by the rubber issue but more importantly I really think she was distracted by it. She was able to tell me in great detail of the children putting hands up waiting for the invigilator to go over and ask them what was up, then going off to get rubber, then returning with rubber, then taking it back off the child. She was able to tell me all about a boy who sat with his hand up for ages and didn't get noticed and then the time ran out. All the time she was noticing that, she was not concentrating on her exam and with such tight time frames taking your eye off the ball for even short periods of time is going to affect your score. Should she have allowed herself to be distracted in this way.... I don't know...they are only 10 years old after all , but given what is at stake , the distraction could so easily have been avoided by the adults who should have known better. My dd got a score which I think and hope will be enough regardless but I wanted you to know I agree with your view on this issue and I don't think this is a petty point X
Thank you for your message, when I first posted this I was worried I was being really petty but as time has gone on it has bothered me more (not that I’ve let on to my daughter). The thought of having to go to appeal is a little overwhelming, I feel out of my depths and feel frustrated that this is through no fault of our own. Thank you again.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Well rubber gate continues. My daughter was 4 points away from AQS, she has done enough to get on the waiting list for her chosen grammar school but given the whole saga I feel that appealing is necessary. I’m not sure if she’s too many points away for a successful appeal but at least I’ll feel that I’ve tried everything to get her into her chosen school. So ridiculous!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Oh sorry to hear that, so that saga continues. I completely understand how frustrated you are by this, I would be.
mad?
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

mad? wrote:Oh sorry to hear that, so that saga continues. I completely understand how frustrated you are by this, I would be.

Thank you I appreciate your reply, think I should change my user name to yours!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Mumofgirls wrote:
mad? wrote:Oh sorry to hear that, so that saga continues. I completely understand how frustrated you are by this, I would be.

Thank you I appreciate your reply, think I should change my user name to yours!
:lol:
mad?
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Morning all,

So we have put in an appeal request due to rubber gate, but obviously reading through all the invaluable advice here the onus is on us to prove academic ability first and foremost with extenuating circumstances secondary. After liaising with my daughters school I’ve now received an extremely supportive letter from her class teacher and headteacher but it doesn’t appear to go into much detail regarding academic ability, it details her reading age, year 5 report and predicted SATS outcomes as greater depth in all areas but no mention of scaled scores that I’ve seen mentioned elsewhere. Is this going to be sufficient? Many thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now