Waiting Lists 2019. KES AGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Waitinglist33

Waiting Lists 2019. KES AGS

Post by Waitinglist33 »

How many people generally get in from waiting Lists?
kenyancowgirl

Re: Waiting Lists 2019. KES AGS

Post by kenyancowgirl »

How long is a piece of string?! Impossible to say as you are relying on people turning schools down.

A whole lot fewer places get offered on the KES waiting list as it is the harder school to get into, so fewer boys turn down their place, and there are less places on offer anyway. There is some movement in AGS - last year less than previsou years due to a few admin errors which meant some children had their offers withdrawn and the AQS moved up a little.

It is however far too early to start guessing about the waiting list - the position will become much clearer in a fortnight when the deadline is for places to be accepted
Waitinglist33

Post by Waitinglist33 »

Thanks for that. Son has just missed out on AQS at KES so hoping still a chance.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Waitinglist33 wrote:Thanks for that. Son has just missed out on AQS at KES so hoping still a chance.
Purely to be seen as reference data only. My son had scored 228 and was placed WL/8 for KES (1st option).
We finally got the offer last year on May 17th so we did had to wait long. All hopes not lost therefore.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Waitinglist33 wrote:Thanks for that. Son has just missed out on AQS at KES so hoping still a chance.
Wait until March 25th I think it is when you will find out his actual w/l position. If you are 1st on the lsit then you have a chance - assuming nobody gets put on top of you (late applicants etc) - if you are furhter down that 1st, it is less likely. There is always some movement but it is usually around single figures for KES.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I think things may be a little different this year from previous years.

With the changes to Birmingham from 2020, this may have an impact on how people accept/turn down places. (Birmingham will see the bigger effect, but may alter Warks a little)

A few Solihull people will get offered KES, but their first choice could be CHB. Usually if offered they would accept, freeing up the KES place.

As these changes were not made public until after the preferences were submitted, it could have an impact, particularly from a travel point of view (i.e probable reduction in Green Bus service)

This is all just my thoughts and is no way representative of what may happen.
Waitinglist33

Post by Waitinglist33 »

Thanks for the input. Do you feel there could me more movement on list this year? I’m told there were 9 waiting lists offered last year at KES. Hopefully being sonclose he will be one of the first on the list.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

There’s no way of telling.

Although, Camp Hill boys have offered PAN this year (last 2 years they offered over) this will have a big impact on the b’ham waiting lists and could help the KES list.

However, as I’ve mentioned, the b’ham changes for next year are a bit of an unknown factor.

I’m afraid it’s going to be a waiting game.

In previous years, the waiting lists were available on offers day, this changed last year and the lists now are only published after the first offer acceptance deadline (this was the case on b’ham) you may find any movement will start after the lists are issued.

Hopefully if you’re high up the list you’ll be ok.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now