Declined an offer at Lawrence Sheriff - an error??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Synchro

Declined an offer at Lawrence Sheriff - an error??

Post by Synchro »

Hi, I really could do with some advice.
My son scored 215 in 11 plus exam. We live in the Eastern Priority Circle. I understand that the AQS for this year is 210.
My question is- should he have automatically been offered a place?
Have they made a mistake?
We submitted the paperwork for proof of address in time and it was confirmed as being acceptable evidence. Our application was not late.
My thoughts are either I have misunderstood their admissions policy, or they have made a mistake?
Help with this will be much appreciated. :|
mitasol

Re: Declined an offer at Lawrence Sheriff - an error??

Post by mitasol »

Welcome. I have moved your post here as I think you will get a better response. If you are thinking of an appeal you can start another thread in that section.

Warks have released the following information. https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you think there has been an error it is best to contact the school and LA on Monday.

Hopefully someone local will be along to help.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

I have been on this forum for years and allocation issues are not uncommon.

Which LA did you apply through? There are sometimes issues when LA's don't share information correctly.

Other than that, accepting you live within eastern area, applied on time and supplied evidence of address then it does sound like there was an error. The lowest score offered in the Eastern area was 210 I would have thetefore expected your DS to have received an offer.
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

On the information you give the mistake can only be either a misunderstanding over if your house is in the priority circle or an admin error within admissions - either around your address or your son's 11 plus result.

Unfortunately you are going to have to sit through till Monday to get an answer - though I would try calling on the off chance that someone is working in admissions to keep up with the queries.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

It sounds like a mistake to me. My Son scored 215 too. We live 0.8 miles away from the school and he was offered a place.

Good luck x
Synchro

Post by Synchro »

Hi everyone and thank you all for taking the time to reply.
That is very heartening. We live out of county so didn't apply through WCC, so that could well be part of the issue.
Our house definitely is within the Eastern Priority Circle, although it is relatively close to the boundary.
I couldn't get through to admissions on Friday, not surprisingly, so will try on Monday.
Fingers crossed and thanks again....
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Hmm. Out of county is sometimes a source of the issue. Keep an eye on this forum to see if other applicants from the same LEA have the same issue.

I worry when you say you are close to the boundary of the Eastern Circle. I don't know whether Warks determines location by house numbet or postcode. Could your house be in the Eastern Circle but the centre if your postcode outside this circle?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Hopefully you get through to admissions today, but two years ago we had a similar issue. We were applying through NCC and whilst we were OOC DD had scored enough to be in. It was an admin issue, took about 10 days to solve but they did solve it. You may have to spend quite a lot of time on the phone though...

Good luck.
Synchro

Post by Synchro »

Hi,
Thank you again for further replies.
Yes problem sorted, he has got a place - huge relief.
Cannot get through to WCC on phone but the issue was sorted via email- not that they have specified what the issue was, but administrative error. Hopefully fully resolved.
Many thanks all :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That's great news - glad they sorted it quickly for you :)

always worried me that there are others who don't know that they have missed out :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now