DGS & DGGS cut of

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SRmum

DGS & DGGS cut of

Post by SRmum »

Hi

From one of the members here i understand 369 is the current cut-off for DGS this year.
My son's score is 368 and he hasn't been offered DGS which was our first choice.
Any chances for him if i put him the waiting list?
hanaF

Re: DGS & DGGS cut of

Post by hanaF »

Accept second choice and put DS on on the waiting list. This year DGS's cut off is 369 IC according to the other thread so you do have a chance.
SRmum

Post by SRmum »

Thanks. I will do as advised.
I really hope he gets in DGS.
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

Be patient if you are IC. Last year there was no IC offers at 2nd allocation however by July IC had moved some 7/8 marks best of luck my DS had the cut off score last year but didn’t get offered (distance became the factor with tied scores) until June it then moved another 7/8 marks afterwards.
SRmum

Post by SRmum »

Thanks again.
That’s encouraging. Yes we are IC.
foljay

Post by foljay »

DD scored 393 offered Dartford girls but will reject if given The Essex school offer so should free up a space.
Aby

Post by Aby »

My DS offered Beths 3rd choice. Scored 388 in Kent OOC. Thinking to put him on the waiting list for DGS. What are the chances to get place? Can somebody pls tell me how is Beths compared to DGS?
Challdell

Post by Challdell »

Can I ask where these scores have come from?

Also the inner county - does that mean for those that live within the Wards of Dartford Council?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Aby wrote:My DS offered Beths 3rd choice. Scored 388 in Kent OOC. Thinking to put him on the waiting list for DGS. What are the chances to get place? Can somebody pls tell me how is Beths compared to DGS?
Last year the OOC DGS waiting list hardly moved in mark terms. The cut off was 384 and my son who got 383 was 13th on the waiting list after the second round and I think something like 7th at the end of summer. But every year is different and there's no harm in going on the waiting list.
Rsinsinwar

Post by Rsinsinwar »

Clawhit wrote:Be patient if you are IC. Last year there was no IC offers at 2nd allocation however by July IC had moved some 7/8 marks best of luck my DS had the cut off score last year but didn’t get offered (distance became the factor with tied scores) until June it then moved another 7/8 marks afterwards.
Hi clawhit, did your son get the place after June,what was his score if I may ask? are you saying from 358 last year ic offered at 350?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now