Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: WGHS Advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:58 pm 

Hi, new to the forum and to all things eleven plus (although I did sit the Walsall version for QMGS myself in the late 80s).

My daughter wants to apply for Wolverhampton Girls (for September 2020 entry). We don't want to pay for tuition and are wondering the best way for us to prepare her for the exam. She's already done a few practice papers we got off the internet but in most cases they probably don't mirror what she'll get in the actual exam.

I know that they use the CEM exams so guess we should just get the CEM books as a start? From the tests she's done, I think her weakest point is her vocabulary so would like to focus on that I think.

Also, is it possible to give a rough percentage mark she needs to be getting right in the practice tests to have a realistic chance (ball-park figure)?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: WGHS Advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:57 pm 

petewally wrote:
Hi, new to the forum and to all things eleven plus (although I did sit the Walsall version for QMGS myself in the late 80s).

My daughter wants to apply for Wolverhampton Girls (for September 2020 entry). We don't want to pay for tuition and are wondering the best way for us to prepare her for the exam. She's already done a few practice papers we got off the internet but in most cases they probably don't mirror what she'll get in the actual exam.

I know that they use the CEM exams so guess we should just get the CEM books as a start? From the tests she's done, I think her weakest point is her vocabulary so would like to focus on that I think.

Also, is it possible to give a rough percentage mark she needs to be getting right in the practice tests to have a realistic chance (ball-park figure)?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Begin here and work your way through the sections.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepa ... r-campaign

There is plenty of links on CEM if you work way round the website.

Abraham Lincoln

Post subject: Re: WGHS Advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:39 pm 

Thanks, I'll take a look.