St Michael’s 1st March 2019 Allocations

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CestMoi

Re: St Michael’s 1st March 2019 Allocations

Post by CestMoi »

I know there are many car shares going on - could you share with the other 3 girls?
Alternatively why not set up a coach from the area? The Harrow minibus exists because a parent (long gone I think) gauged interest and set it up. The school would probably facilitate the mail to parents but would direct people to respond to you.
shinopt

Post by shinopt »

CestMoi wrote:I know there are many car shares going on - could you share with the other 3 girls?
Alternatively why not set up a coach from the area? The Harrow minibus exists because a parent (long gone I think) gauged interest and set it up. The school would probably facilitate the mail to parents but would direct people to respond to you.
We are looking at options. Out of 4, only 3 are looking for private transport. One of them will be travelling with her elder sister who is doing A level. With three, it will not be feasible. So we are looking if anyone else from these areas.
gulat

Post by gulat »

shinopt wrote:
CestMoi wrote:I know there are many car shares going on - could you share with the other 3 girls?
We are looking at options. Out of 4, only 3 are looking for private transport. One of them will be travelling with her elder sister who is doing A level. With three, it will not be feasible. So we are looking if anyone else from these areas.
I have sent you a pm
AngelinaN1

Post by AngelinaN1 »

Good luck BGGSM!

Is there anything that I need to do to start the waiting list process?

We had StM ranked first on the council form and were given a lower ranked school (which is what we expected given DS's ranking). The council says that you go automatically on the waiting list for all the higher ranked schools that you did not get.

Can I trust this? Or is it better to ping the school an email to just make sure?

Oh, and any update as to what rank is currently offered a place would be greatly appreciated.
BGGSM

Post by BGGSM »

@AngelinaN1 I think that you can trust that you have been put on the Waiting List, but there’s no harm in you checking with the school. You can give the office a ring - they sound really lovely.... and they might also be able to tell you where they got to with rankings.
AngelinaN1

Post by AngelinaN1 »

Hi, I emailed the school (and they were very quick to reply).

They confirmed that the process to be added to the waiting list is automatic (so no need to do anything I St M was ranked higher)

They also said that a second round of offers (which will include the new 32 places) will be notified through EAdmissions towards the end of March.

Girls who have not been offered a place then go on the waiting list. They suggested I check back with regards place on waiting after the end of March round.

Fingers crossed...
Betterdays

Post by Betterdays »

Is there any updates to this? any word on where the selection process is?
CalmDad

Post by CalmDad »

Betterdays wrote:Is there any updates to this? any word on where the selection process is?
As promised, when St Michael's replied my email a couple of weeks ago, we got a letter on Saturday (Mar 30) indicating our daughter was successful in securing a place. Hopefully the list is now beginning to move and more people can get the good news.

Many thanks to all on St Michael's forums, the information shared was very helpful as I was a rookie in the process. Much appreciated.

PS - My daughter was ranked 127
qtnvtll

Post by qtnvtll »

My daughter received an offer on Saturday through the post. She was ranked 151

Good luck XX
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now