Dartford Grammar School for Girls- 2019 Starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
daddyof3

Dartford Grammar School for Girls- 2019 Starters

Post by daddyof3 »

Hello everyone

We have been given our first choice school DGGS and we are thrilled.

Does anyone have any girls in DGGS that could share their experiences of the school?

Did your daughter settle in quickly? Was she able to cope with the work?

What is behaviour like in lessons and around the school?

Do the girls get to pick which language/ languages they get to study in year 7 . What happens during the induction day?

It was a really hard decision between Dartford Girls and Townley ( even though we visited both schools during the day and evening)- did we make the right choice?

I would really appreciate your comments and views.

Many thanks in advance
jools1000

Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls- 2019 Starters

Post by jools1000 »

My daughter started last year and loves it there. She settled very quickly, however i think she would have been fine anywhere as that is her personality.

She doesn't seem to be inundated with homework and doesn't seem to be struggling with workload. You get weekly email on things happening at the school so you feel like you are being kept in the loop.

My daughter studies two languages, you do get to put your preference out of the three; French, Spanish, German - i don't know how they select who studies what but she got the two she wanted.

I think with the induction day parents go to the end and hear from the Headteacher. If i remember rightly she had 3 lessons and lunch and it was all very enjoyable.

Hope that helps and puts your mind at ease.
daddyof3

Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls- 2019 Starters

Post by daddyof3 »

Thank you so much for your reply jools1000 I really appreciate it. We are so thrilled that she gained a place but now started to question whether we made the right decision.

So happy to hear that your daughter settled in well at DGGS. The weekly emails to parents sounds great.

Would love to hear from more DGGS parents

Many thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now