Continued Interest list round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watfordmum2018

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Congratulations to your daughter Flutterby! Good luck to all for more list movement.
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Congratulations Flutterby.,well done for hanging in there.,
Could anyone clarify when the third round of allocations is?
Is it in June?
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

I could have got this wrong but I don’t think there is another round? I think the schools contact you when spaces arise
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Yes, Hertfordshire doesn't have a third round. They contact you whenever a space comes up. We just discovered it doesn't change your online account though and so ours still says our originally allocated school. I phoned up a week after our new allocation and they said after the second run it is all done manually and so our accounts won't change. I was a bit confused when it wasn't changing and also still getting letters from our original school allocation. Upon phoning they explained why and so there's no problems with our change to new allocation. Mild panic over!

Other county's do have more runs though and those will affect the Hertfordshire waiting lists. There is a link earlier in this thread to the Bucks rounds.
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any movement in the last few weeks - it's been very quiet so I am fearing not?
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

I have requested an update on our position on the lists, only one has come back so far and there has been no movement. I’m not waiting on the top tier schools that everyone else seems to be though.
MrJay

Post by MrJay »

watfordmum2018 wrote:We had some exciting news today. My daughter got offered a place at Parmiter’s! We started on March 1st in the early 20’s on the continuing interest list, jumped 9 places on the first round, jumped 10 in the second round and then finally got offered a place today. Good luck to all! I will be checking in on your progress and crossing my fingers for you.
Most interested in this post !! I know it was a year ago now but has given me a glimmer of hope :)

Could watfordmum2018 please confirm which list at Parmiter's your daughter was on - was it music, academic or distance that she gained her place with ?

Many thanks in advance !
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

It was the academic my daughter was on MrJay. It was worth all the waiting and stress in the end.
karinasoko

Post by karinasoko »

Good morning everyone

This forum is such incredible mine of knowledge so I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experience with CI list movement for Queens ? I have found mainly posts about WB, WG, SCD and Parmiters .
Thank you

Ps. I am not sure if I posted in the correct thread.
MrJay

Post by MrJay »

watfordmum2018 wrote:It was the academic my daughter was on MrJay. It was worth all the waiting and stress in the end.
Many thanks for your swift response watfordmum2018 ! I was hoping you were going to say you were early 20's on the distance list..... :(

Think I'm now resigned to the fact that we will miss out on Parmiters - DD seemed to have an off day when the test took place and was very emotional when we left her at the door to the test, so her academic mark just didn't hit the sweet spot unfortunately. We are early 30's on distance so need a miracle to receive any good news now.

Oh well, the upside is that we have a place at our 2nd choice school based on scraping through on the academic result so could be a lot worse - some of DD's school friends have been offered a place at Westfield which in all cases was not on their school choice list at all - not aware which schools they did choose though - just goes to show the importance of having the 4th choice school as a backstop / last resort selection or you could end up being allocated any school anywhere......

Good luck everyone !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now