2019 Entry Allocation/Rank/Scores Only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AndyM

Re: 2019 Entry Allocation/Rank/Scores Only

Post by AndyM »

Hi - I think I have an answer for this now - the rankings that we're all using are those provided by the schools that we decided to 'share' the results with, in the first instance, after the exam.

The CBC's 512 number is the ranking of those who qualified AND placed Crypt school anywhere on their list of preferences.

So 'about' 300 people, who chose to 'share' their score with Crypt, and were within the initial qualifying ranking, ultimately didn't put the school on their list of preferences.

Also had confirmation on the 'early 800s' figure from Crypt, so still hopeful for a place for DS at end of March runaround.
Last edited by AndyM on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

Thanks, that’s really interesting and makes perfect sense. It also explains why Gloucestershire council rebuffed my foi request last year (they just didn’t have the data).
proudmumwhatever

Post by proudmumwhatever »

Phoenix-Mum wrote:Pates 175
STRS 293 319
Crypt 803 919
HSFG 318 423
Ribston 454
Marling 340's
SHS 436 ___

Not Offered
Does nobody know of anyone with a rank over 350 that was offered marling on allocation day?

If so, does this mean crypt was a real favourite with girls this year?

Not really important but just unaccountably intrigued!
RedMaple

Post by RedMaple »

Does nobody know of anyone with a rank over 350 that was offered marling on allocation day?

If so, does this mean crypt was a real favourite with girls this year?

Not really important but just unaccountably intrigued!
Marling took to 375 last year on March 1st and 385 the year before (the last year when the Crypt was all boys) - I suspect that they probably did take to beyond rank 350 this year but it's just not been posted here - seems very little about Marling this year on the forum. So difficult to draw any conclusions about whether Crypt has had an effect here.

What might probably be a stronger indication of Crypt popularity with girls this year is SHS taking to rank 426, when last year they went to 375.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Crypt did have an awful lot of girls looking around it on the open days.
Plus, I think many parents will probably feel more comfortable sending their daughters to the school this year as opposed to last year.
Totallybemused

Post by Totallybemused »

I'm not sure whether SHS going down to 436 this year is an indication of more girls opting for Crypt, or whether it can be linked to the fact that both HSFG and Ribston seem to have cut off higher than on March 1st last year. I had been expecting both of those to go further down their lists as people gained confidence in Crypt, but more girls seem to have opted for one of those two, rather than Stroud. Shows you really can't predict!
Will be interesting to see where all the schools go down to after reconsideration, and also how many girls Crypt does end up with in next year's Y7.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Or it could be that more families 'shared' with SHS in the first place because their results in terms of progress, in particular, are a bit more impressive than the other girls' schools but, ultimately, those further from Stroud realised it would actually be a pain to get there. So maybe it is a result of increased shares but a similar number of first choices? I don't have a girl at any of the schools so I have no idea if something else is going on and the information we have this year is so patchy. I guess it is just a more chilled bunch of parents than last year. Without some more people giving rankings then it is a bit difficult to join the dots.
monkeyboot

Post by monkeyboot »

We got into SHS on a ranking of 421 and had been expecting to go on WL, appeals etc so are delighted.

I was thinking maybe it was a combination of more girls sharing results with SHS who do not intend to go there and also a second year of girls being accepted into Crypt and 30 (i believe?) more girls being accepted into Ribston this year?

Either way DD is delighted and we are very proud!
cazien

Post by cazien »

monkeyboot wrote:We got into SHS on a ranking of 421 and had been expecting to go on WL, appeals etc so are delighted.

I was thinking maybe it was a combination of more girls sharing results with SHS who do not intend to go there and also a second year of girls being accepted into Crypt and 30 (i believe?) more girls being accepted into Ribston this year?

Either way DD is delighted and we are very proud!

Congrats! A great relief for you.

Yes Ribston are taking an extra 30 this year. Plus, numbers are never revealed as to boy/girl ratio at both Pates and Crypt at this stage. Pates has always been predominantly boy heavy, perhaps not this year.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Congratulations Monkeyboot.

I forgot that Ribston are offering more places from next school year. There really are a comparatively high number of opportunities for girls to get into grammar schools in Gloucestershire aren't there? I wonder if this is the beginning of a pattern of change and whether the boys schools will respond to this by increasing PAN in the longer term or even whether one of the girls schools will consult on admitting boys? Sorry for the wild speculation.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now