Scores above 335

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Star111

Scores above 335

Post by Star111 »

Hi, I am wondering if there is any hope for my daughter for cchsg. Her score is 336.
Greatt84

Re: Scores above 335

Post by Greatt84 »

Yes, definitely

You're in the same situation as us. So frustrating as last year they both would have been in!!
FTP12

Post by FTP12 »

Same situation here. 335.50. Hopefully in the top 20 or so. It is what it is. Fingers crossed for all of those waiting.
Macdaddy

Post by Macdaddy »

It’s difficult to say for certain. We’re in a similar situation as our Dd scored 335.61. If you look at the waiting lists for the past 4 years there has only been one year where the margin is less than 4 marks in terms of movement and it’s possible that the data was incomplete for that year. You can’t say for certain that there will be movement as each year really does vary but there is usually some filtering and shuffling which means that the waiting list moves. We’ll all be put out of our misery on Friday when we’ll know where our children are on the waiting list. Good luck to all.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

We are also in a similar position. DD has been offered SHSG but is 0.89 of a mark off the last reported offered mark at CCHS on the 1/3. We are so very grateful for the place at SHSG but would simply prefer CCHS as it’s closer.

Hoping that the waiting list may move more this year as people haven’t got their 1st choices. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that? Or could that just be wishful thinking?

Like you say we will all be put out of our misery on Friday and can then draw a line under it for once and for all !

Good luck everyone!
Greatt84

Post by Greatt84 »

I don't really know how it works but is it possible that the waiting list could have moved already and people at the top have received a letter offering them a place from the waiting list? Or do we have to wait til Friday for that process to start?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Greatt84 wrote:I don't really know how it works but is it possible that the waiting list could have moved already and people at the top have received a letter offering them a place from the waiting list? Or do we have to wait til Friday for that process to start?
Yes the waiting lists will already be moving, I know one place at least has already been offered for Colchester. It’s for this reason (I think) that waiting lists don’t come out straight away to give time for things to settle down so to speak.
Macdaddy

Post by Macdaddy »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Greatt84 wrote:I don't really know how it works but is it possible that the waiting list could have moved already and people at the top have received a letter offering them a place from the waiting list? Or do we have to wait til Friday for that process to start?
Yes the waiting lists will already be moving, I know one place at least has already been offered for Colchester. It’s for this reason (I think) that waiting lists don’t come out straight away to give time for things to settle down so to speak.
That makes it worse as far as I am concerned in terms of getting off of the waiting list. If offers are being made then surely that affects the amount of places that are left when the waiting list is published?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Macdaddy wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
That makes it worse as far as I am concerned in terms of getting off of the waiting list. If offers are being made then surely that affects the amount of places that are left when the waiting list is published?
But the very existence of a waiting list means that the school is full?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Macdaddy

Post by Macdaddy »

Thanks for the pep talk Toadmum, I needed that!
My pessimistic nature gets the better of me sometimes. I just need to wait and see and hope for the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now