Tiffins Boys waiting list Outer priority area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jyothi

Tiffins Boys waiting list Outer priority area

Post by jyothi »

Hi All, my son's combined score is 104 being in outer priority area what will be the chance for him to get a place in Tiffins please?

In the email they have mentioned the waiting list my come just before Easter, does it mean before or after the Easter term break?

Many Thanks
sass

Re: Tiffins Boys waiting list Outer priority area

Post by sass »

Hi All,

Does anyone got the offer from Tiffin Boys who are currently living in Outer priority Area. (10Km to less than 14KM has been defined as outer priority)
Ashforddad

Post by Ashforddad »

I don't think anyone has been allotted a place from outer priority area. My DS scored 108 and we are just outside the borders of inner priority....
sass

Post by sass »

That is very sad Ashford Dad. They should have removed 10 to 14 and just put less than 10.
ExTiffinDad

Post by ExTiffinDad »

10-14 is a misnomer. It is not a Priority Area if no one gets in!
raisingkids

Post by raisingkids »

Yes. I have a DS currently at Tiffin, we are in what is now considered Outer Priority. His brother didn't get in this year. I'm not holding my breath. I don't know anyone who got in beyond 10KM
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

raisingkids wrote:Yes. I have a DS currently at Tiffin, we are in what is now considered Outer Priority. His brother didn't get in this year. I'm not holding my breath. I don't know anyone who got in beyond 10KM
This is really hard, raisingkids.

If only it was clear at the time of application that the priority area had not just been re-defined but effectively reduced, we wouldn't even have bothered to sit the exam last year. I'm glad that Tiffin was not our first choice, either for the first or the second son.
raisingkids

Post by raisingkids »

It is what it is. He still got into a good school and has accepted that they aren't going together. He did very well on the test and in a way, that shows himself what he can do. He knows he did well, He knows it was a long shot with the new outer vs inner priority areas. He will be fine. I just think they should do what Tiffin Girls did and say 10km or only accepting from these post codes. Maybe they will now. It's all a gamble.