Transport ideas from New Addington to Dartford GrammarSchool

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Narmatha

Transport ideas from New Addington to Dartford GrammarSchool

Post by Narmatha »

Hi..
My daughter is going to go Dartford Grammar School this September 2019. Please, can you suggest me , some transport ideas . We are living New Addington.
Twinkle

Re: Transport ideas from New Addington to Dartford GrammarSc

Post by Twinkle »

If you put your address and Dartford grammar school into Google maps you wil find the suggested route by public transport.

I have just put "New Addington" in to get a rough guide and it looks as if it is almost a 2 hour journey, depending on what time school starts.... maybe you should consider moving house?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

This company runs buses to the Dartford grammars and there's some information about other options - couldn't at a skim see Croydon/ New Addington but do check.

http://www.nkst.co.uk/transinf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I do suspect it will be a tough journey though. Are you on waiting lists for higher options? Or is moving a possibility?
Narmatha

Post by Narmatha »

Thank you for your reply. I am waiting for get a place at Newsteadwood. I know, It will take time. Until that, she will go there. I can’t move the house.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Gosh. That's tough. Good luck with the waiting list at Newstead Woods.

I am assuming that you can't drive your daughter to and from DGS. If so, t might be worth ringing the school to see whether there are other pupils travelling from New Addington and if so ,how they get to school. I guess its just possible that there is private bus service that has already been arranged by parents. Alternatively if there are sufficient children starting in Sept that come from your area you might be able to make contact with them via the school with and organise one with them.

Good luck.
Narmatha

Post by Narmatha »

Thank you. I will contact school soon. Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now