What time can girls arrive in Newstead from?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Advice2018

What time can girls arrive in Newstead from?

Post by Advice2018 »

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could advice what time are the girls allowed to arrive in school? Is there somewhere they can wait if they arrive early for school. Also
After school what time do the clubs/activities finish and are they on every day?
I am just trying to work out school run timings. I know lots of the girls get the train or bus but I just thought for the first 2 weeks till she settles would be useful to be around for school runs incase something goes wrong. Don’t know if it will be realistically possible with work but just wanted to try to work out what easiest and latest time she can leave school would be.
PettswoodFiona

Re: What time can girls arrive in Newstead from?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Girls can arrive from 7.45. The hall has breakfast options available. Clubs are varied and have different finishing times. Twilight classes run for Latin, Dance, Japanese and Mandarin, sports fixtures vary, some go to the tennis club, others head to BYMT or other clubs. Most girls make their own way to and from school using public transport so parental school runs are not usually a requirement. It may be a difficult thing to imagine right now but they do a lot of growing up between now and Y7.
Advice2018

Post by Advice2018 »

Thanks so much Pettswood Fiona- that’s so helpful to know. It is so hard imagining them travelling on their own but I know it will have to happen! Great to know school opens early and they can have breakfast there. Is twighlight the same as after school? Are those clubs generally an hour or half an hour?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Twilight classes are different from after school clubs. They run on a combination of lunchtime and after school and vary from half an hour to an hour depending on subject. For example DD did Mandarin in Y8 and it was one half hour lunchtime slot and one after school slot (can’t remember if it was 45 mins or an hour!) a week. They are paid for and if the students continue to the end of the course they can take a GCSE in that subject. It is a way of the school being able to offer additional subjects that they couldn’t otherwise find out of main budgets. They have to be ‘off timetable’ hence called twilight courses as state schools are not meant to charge for subjects learned during the ordinary school day. If a family can’t afford these courses they are invited to let the school know and I believe there is financial support available.
Advice2018

Post by Advice2018 »

Thanks so much, thank you for all your help Pettswood Fiona- excited and nervous for September!
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

Great your DD got a place Advice2018. Quite a few tense parents on the waiting list at the moment (including friends of mine). Would you mind telling us what score yr DD got?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now