Information from Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lea2124

Information from Grammar school

Post by lea2124 »

Hi
Just wondered when we'd start getting any welcome packs or information packs about our son starting in September? I suppose I'm just an eager beaver lol. Has anyone had anything yet?
Thanks.
scary mum

Re: Information from Grammar school

Post by scary mum »

I think it will vary from school to school, I know of at least one that has had a "new year 7 information evening", and sent out information packs before that. Which school is it? Someone might know.
scary mum
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Aylesbury Grammar school. I have just heard that they are doing things differently this year as this was the first year that offers were accepted online apparently. Like I said - just eager I suppose!
Thanks.
crcreview

Post by crcreview »

Nothing from Chesham Grammar. I live in Herts and today I had an email from Bucks (as did every other Herts parent with a child going to Bucks grammar school that I know) saying that I had not accepted my place. I accepted through the Herts online system 10 days ago (as did the others) but apparently Herts has not sent acceptances in time to Bucks. I had to accept my place directly with BCC and had a deadline of 7 days to do so. Just wonder what happens if parents aren't checking their emails and just assume that its enough to accept in their own county.

Think if acceptances are not yet all in its a bit premature to be sending out welcome packs etc.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

We live in Beds and on 1st March I emailed both Beds and Bucks admissions to say we wanted to accept the place. Bucks replied saying our acceptance was logged and we need do nothing further and should wait to hear from the school. We've now heard from the school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now