GCSE English tutor

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DT2005

GCSE English tutor

Post by DT2005 »

Hi,

please can someone recommend a good English tutor for my daughter who is doing AQA and OCR exam boards. We live in Cheam area.

Kind regards,
DT2005
Tinkers

Re: GCSE English tutor

Post by Tinkers »

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!
I
Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

A cheaper option would be to take advantage of any extra assistance that her school is offering - has she already tried this? Is she in year 10 or 11?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

May I get recommendation for English tutor as well please, I understand that has to be through PM only.

We live in Reading.

Any website that one would recommend to look for experienced tutor, I found few of them but don't know which one to rely on.