Mid year moves and Macclesfield schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ourmaminhavana

Mid year moves and Macclesfield schools

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Macclesfield, as my partner lives there and cannot obtain a job where I live, despite trying for three years now. Unfortunately, this would mean moving my dd, currently in Year 8 and thriving both academically and socially. I am very concerned about moving her . Does anyone have any experience of moving teenagers? She's not very resilient and would be, understandably, very unhappy to leave her friends. How difficult would it be to make new friends? She's a friendly, loveĺy girl.
We are thinking of All Hallows. Does anyone have any experience of this, or other local schools? Fallowfield is full. I'm in turmoil.
fatsals

Re: Mid year moves and Macclesfield schools

Post by fatsals »

All Hallows is a lovely, successful, catholic school. It's academically strong and the setting/grounds are very appealing. It has a warm, inclusive and welcoming ethos. You wouldn't be disappointed if your daughter went there.

I assume you meant Falibroome school rather than Fallowfield, again a very good inclusive school with superb sports facilities. As it is such a small school it is always difficult to find a place. I think your next option would be Tytherington High but I don't know much about it.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thank you so much for the reassurance, Fatsals. I did indeed mean Falibroome. Thankfully, All Hallows does have a place, and I am hoping to visit next week. Do you have children there, may I ask? Do you think my daughter will manage to make friends? She's a friendly, diligent girl.
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

I'm a teacher and have taught in the region for a long time. I know All Hallows well and have visited on a number of occasions and have taught many, many children who have gone there. I'm sure when you visit you will get a feel for the school and be pleased.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks so much, I teach too, so keen to find somewhere she can settle and flourish.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Just to say we really liked the feel of All Hallows. Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now