Rankings - now based on catchment and gender

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
forumvisit

Rankings - now based on catchment and gender

Post by forumvisit »

On 1st March I requested, through FOI, the rankings by catchment and gender, to give more useful guidance than the overall rankings already published. I received this today and you can find the result on the online disclosure log on Warwickshire.gov website with this link dated 1st March.

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/accesstoinformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow the underlined link to online disclosure log, type in 11+ as the key information and look for the result dated 1/3/19

I have sorted it by Gender and East and South so if you want to ask any questions ( boys only) without having to do the work yourself please feel free. Don't think I can attach a file here.

Hope it may be of interest to some of you.
Centralperk

Re: Rankings - now based on catchment and gender

Post by Centralperk »

Not sure about those results. My Son and his friend both scored 215. They both live under a mile from Sheriff. Would we not be classes as East Priority Area? Because it doesn’t list a single male with that criteria?
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

@Centralperk. I believe (from past experience when this data was provided on results day) that you would be in "East Warwickshire" which is the inner "circle". The eastern priority area is the outer, wider area circle, however I can see 215 in both of these categories - 2 of these scores of 215 are in the East Warwickshire area amongst which will be your son's and his friend's scores I believe.
I've sorted the data - a snapshot.... (can send you full sorted data with ranks if you like).
M Eastern Priority Circle 216
M Southern Priority Circle And Eastern Priority Circle 216
M Southern Priority Circle And Eastern Priority Circle 216
M East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 215
M Eastern Priority Circle 215
M Southern Priority Circle And East Warwickshire 215
M Southern Priority Circle And East Warwickshire 215
M East Warwickshire 214
M East Warwickshire 214
M Eastern Priority Circle 214
M Eastern Priority Circle 214. etc
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Oh ok, that makes sense! I would be curious to know how he did.
ijam

Post by ijam »

Hi,
I am trying to understand my DS waiting list based on this ranking list. If somebody could help me. He has scored 209 and we live under half a mile from LSS, Rugby. He is 45th on LSS waiting list and 10th on Ashlawn Selective.
What I am trying to understand is how is he so low on LSS list given he seems to be the only male 209 in the inner priority circle. Does it mean there are 44 late/out of inner priority area males having more than 209 score? I am bit surprised at this number.
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

I can see total of 4 at 209 in the data and as you are in "East Warwickshire" that will also include the 2 combined areas, so 3 in total for East Warwickshire

M East Warwickshire 209
M Eastern Priority Circle 209
M Southern Priority Circle And East Warwickshire 209
M Southern Priority Circle And East Warwickshire 209

Have you seen the breakdown from last year? https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if this helps at all?
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

The likelihood is that there are a significant number of children who scored higher than the AQS, but their parents were unaware of the need to send in additional proof of address by the end of December deadline (the council sent the request by email but it failed to actually send - and I know of a few parents who had forgotten the mention of this matter in the earlier literature). They'll be higher on the waiting list due to their higher scores.
EJT40

Post by EJT40 »

Hi,
Thanks for this info. Is there any way that I can check where my son is on the waiting list?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The LEA hold the waiting list on behalf of the Grammar Schools in Warwickshire. Give them a call.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now