11+ SCORE test appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fifi13

11+ SCORE test appeal

Post by Fifi13 »

Hi. Is it possible check my son score - I think of course is to low?! :-((( He made nv and v reasoning on Wandsworth and last month he was very sad because his score was to low for Chestnut. I'm angry as well because I prepared him over one 1!! Every day, every second day he make bond tests about 0.5-1h. He got tutor over one 1 as well! He made huge progress and now ... Day before Wandsworth test I gave him 11-12+ and his score was about 95%!! Girl who's got tutoring with him and usually they got similar score - she made 30pkt more! My son was crying that his score got kids under national average ;-) I don't want and I don't like compare people - especially kids but for me look like my son lost one page of test! Any chance for look his test or check again??
Thanks for any help
hermanmunster

Re: 11+ SCORE test appeal

Post by hermanmunster »

Welcome to the forum

Which school was this for? Did you put the school on the CAF and have you appealed?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think it's Chestnut Grove Academy in Wandsworth.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Chestnut Grove only uses the Wandsworth Test to allocate applicants to one of its 5 ability bands. This is done to ensure that it offers places across the ability range.

Within each band, places are allocated according to the school's published oversubscription criteria - LAC, siblings, children of staff, distance etc. The school would be breaking the law if it allocated places within bands according to the child's score.

Do you know which overauscription criterion your DC falls into (presumably not Children of Staff or Looked After)? If it is whatever the last one is - ?distance - the school obviously reached its admission number for the relevant band before reaching your DC's ranking within the band.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thanks TM - it looks like then that the OP's problem is more to do with oversubscription than any problems with the test
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

OP was this for one of the MFL aptitude places or a fair banding place? The latter look like the oversubscription criteria is distance.

This is exactly why they say do not tutor for banding tests. A child may not get a place in a band they’ve been over tutored for but may have got a place for the band where their natural ability lies. It is impossible to second guess what bands will go to what distance so why tutor. A fair banding school near us actively discourages tutoring as it makes a mockery of the whole reason they have fair banding. Sorry, it may seem a harsh message and too late for OP, but just putting it on the record for anyone looking at this thread in the future.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now