appeal decision dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dayn

appeal decision dates

Post by dayn »

I understand that some people have been told that they wont know the outcome of their appeals until July 9th.
My question is, do all the schools send out the decision letters at the the same time?
Thinking about it, they must have to as a lot of people will be holding a place at one grammar with the hope of gaining a place at another, therefore if they are successful more spaces will become available at the original school???
Does anyone understand what I am saying or know the answer?! probably not but any info greatly received!
Thanks
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Hi Dayn

Yes, I am sure that there will be a lot more movement once the appeal decisions come out...there were definitely spare places at the High School but I am not sure about Tommies. I suspect that some of those appealing to the High School/Tommies are holding places at Ribston/Crypt so if they are successful then places will become available to those on the listing lists for the latter schools.

I am sure whether all the appeal decisions will be sent out at the same time..I suspect it depends on the school.

Fingers crossed if your DC is on one of those waiting lists.

B
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Orson

Post by Orson »

Dayn

Stroud High School 'appealers' know if they have been successful or not.

Orson
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Orson wrote:Dayn

Stroud High School 'appealers' know if they have been successful or not.

Orson
Well, both Stroud High & Marling appeals letters will probably have gone out on Friday night / Saturday morning, so may have hit the letter boxes. Not sure if the clerk sent them first class, but I hope she did.

I did hear from 'my' clerk of one parent asking "if a place offered by appeal was not accepted, could they have it?". I think the answer was 'no', although, of course, it could constitute a material change of facts (one more place at the balancing stage of the appeal) so maybe they could launch a re-appeal. Then it would be a different panel and success rather depends on the strength of their appeal in the first place. If it was for a really bright child who just, just missed a place, and was oh-so-close to winning an appeal, then they stand a chance. If it was because the evidence produced stated that they were not actually that bright (well, not bright enough for a grammar), despite good mitigating circumstances, then I doubt if it would succeed a second time either.

I was pleased with how 'my' appeals went, and came out smiling. Obviously sad for those we turned down, but happy for those we allowed.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now