Townley Grammar new starters 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pixie123

Townley Grammar new starters 2019

Post by Pixie123 »

Hi,
Are there any parents who can let me know if their daughter went to the summer school before they started in year 7 at Townley? Only they are wanted us to pay £160 for this and we are not sure.

If your daughter attended, can you let me know roughly how many students attended and what they actually did please?

I've never heard of schools charging for this before? Any advice would be great.

Thanks
zcacmxi

Re: Townley Grammar new starters 2019

Post by zcacmxi »

Our daughter attended, and based on her reports about 50% of the new year 7 pupils attended.

It was 5 days spent as an induction, main purpose to get to know the environment, meet other classmates and make some friends before the start of term.

There were plenty of planned activities, and a daily timetable that included some academic taster classes, art, computing, team building, etc. They also arranged for some external visitors, including a large climbing wall and falcons.

It was worth it for ~£30 per day, to break up the holiday and in some way prepare for start at Townley. It's not compulsory however, and the 50% who didn't attend have also settled in to Townley.
Pixie123

Post by Pixie123 »

Thank you so much for your reply. That’s really helpful to know.
We will have a think about the summer school.
Pixie123

Post by Pixie123 »

Are there any Townley girls who will be starting this September who will be travelling from Charlton by any chance?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now