11+ online exam practice sites?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nylon14

Re: 11+ online exam practice sites?

Post by nylon14 »

Thank you, I have just checked that site. However, it does require a subscription which seems quite expensive. Did you sign up for 6 month package?
Angelface1234

Post by Angelface1234 »

Yes it is expensive, although DS's school gave me a discount code (I'm guessing I can share that if you PM me?). DS is still on his free trial but think we'll continue and yes, we did 6 months. He's finding it helpful. There are very good video tutorials on the site.

There is a big problem with private tuition at DS's school which the teachers don't seem to like. They've pitched the site as a school-supported, cheaper alternative. I have to say, I wasn't always sure about DS's old tutor's understanding of the curriculum so I can see where they're coming from!

Don't have to pay more for mock tests either! :D
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Thank you Angel, I just PM'd you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If you were unsure about your tutor's level of key knowledge why did you continue with them?

Did you discuss your concerns with him?

It is a shame that parents let tutors be not up to the job but continue hiring and paying them. DG
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

Daogroupie wrote:London consortium has moved to online CEM with no written papers at all so I do hope you have not been wasting your time doing past consortium papers as that format has been completely abandoned.

You need to be doing online CEM testing and CEM is all about timing and speed.

Are you sitting any non Consortium schools? DG
hello,
i didnt know that CEM is online. I've been using books from whsmiths.
Daogroupie, is there an website you can PM me or give me an example?

thank you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The North London consortium test was originally announced as online but apparently some of the schools did not have enough computers to run an online test so they reverted to a paper test.

It was a lot easier than the state selective CEM tests so the resources you are using will be fine. DG
FortniteF

Post by FortniteF »

nylon14 wrote:Thank you, I have just checked that site. However, it does require a subscription which seems quite expensive. Did you sign up for 6 month package?
Hello - would you mind sending me the website for online tests by PM?
It seems you cant post it in the forum and as I am a new member, I cant send PMs.
Thank you vm

Ypu should now be able to send a PM - Moderator.
Periperi00

Post by Periperi00 »

I would also like to have the option of sending Private Messages, could that be activated on my user account as well?

Thanks.
Periperi00

Post by Periperi00 »

FortniteF wrote:
nylon14 wrote:Thank you, I have just checked that site. However, it does require a subscription which seems quite expensive. Did you sign up for 6 month package?
Hello - would you mind sending me the website for online tests by PM?
It seems you cant post it in the forum and as I am a new member, I cant send PMs.
Thank you vm

Ypu should now be able to send a PM - Moderator.
Hi, I would like to also have the ability to send Private Messages, could this be activated in my account?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Periperi00

I have approved the 3 posts you have made, as they were made in the middle of the night this had to wait until I was awake. :lol: we moderators do sleep in the dungeon sometimes :wink:

You should now be able to send PMs but please remember the forum is designed to help all and is better if discussions can be had there and not via PM if at all possible. Please also note that some forum users do not have access to PM facilities for a range of reasons and hence may not respond.